Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    albert0346 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2.1 and Sencha Cmd 3.0 - Cmd not working

Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2.1 and Sencha Cmd 3.0 - Cmd not working

Hello,

I´m new to this Sencha stuff and already at the beginning have a problem using Sencha Cmd 3.0:

I use the sencha command on my Touch directory and NOTHING happens. No error message and no something like the text "Sencha Cmd 3.0" or so. I use Windows 7 Starter on my netbook and XAMPP.

It would be nice if someone could help me jump over those first difficulties.

Tanks in advance.

Albert

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    abraxxa is on a distinguished road

I just encountered the same, very annoying. Especially because the docs say to download SDK 2.0 beta 3, which has a different syntax than both the Sencha Touch and SDK docs describe.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It would be really nice it someone could help because I try as a newbee to follow the learning instructions. And there is at the beginning that I should create with the cmd the "Hello World" example.

So, please help, otherwise I have to look for another framework.

Albert

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    kskrumpet is on a distinguished road

More than willing to give back to the community, but a bit more information on the issue you're seeing would be helpful

You should be using cmd 3 with touch 2.1; the docs are a little confusing with the different versions there are out there.

Please describe what you're doing; a copy and past of your command line would help...

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I found out late night yesterday. It uses java under the hood which failed when I run it on the cli with the error message that a file named rvm.cfg can't be found.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling JRE 7.0u10 64bit helped to solve it, the file was then in a directory named 'amd64' which was empty before.
    It seems that happens when you update Java, must be the same thing that breaks TVBrowser every time I update JRE.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks kskrumpet!

I mentioned it already in the headline of the thread: I use Sencha Touch 2.1.0 commercial and Cmd 3.0. I installed them on Windows 7 Starter with XAMPP. I installed Sencha Touch on c:\xampp\htdocs\sencha and Cmd on C:\Users\0346albert\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.250 - this is the path in the "path" user environment variable. The other installed variable is SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0 with the same path.

When I now use "c:\xampp\htdocs\sencha>sencha" I get ONLY back c:\xampp\htdocs\sencha> - no text like "Sencha Command v3.0" or something like this, which shows me that I´m actually working with Cmd 3.0. And when I use the suggested learning command "sencha generate app GS ../GS" nothing happened again.

I hope this helps a little bit more.

Albert

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Have you tried reinstalling JRE like I suggested?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sorry abraxxa, I overlooked it. I installed it, and - YES, it´s working!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Albert

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Awesome! Glad I could help!

@Sencha: please work on the shell script to not turn echo off so error messages like this are swallowed!

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    munder is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem. I used Sencha Cmd to update my app to 2.1.1, which appeared to work OK, but it failed to copy the touch directory, so I generated a skeleton app and copied it from there. Now I find that from any drive or directory on my machine I can enter 'sencha' and get the expected output except for the directory where the app is located, where no output of any kind is produced. I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled several times and have also updated my JDK. Someone in another thread suggested using Windows Powershell rather than the standard command prompt. I've tried that too to no avail. I'm using Windows 8 and xampp and the app works fine in Chrome with the --disable-web-security switch. I just can't produce any kind of build.