Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lavisrap is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Catch a tap event of a carousel in controllers control: definition

Unanswered: Catch a tap event of a carousel in controllers control: definition

I would like to to catch a tap event on a carousel in the control section of a controller. Like:

control: {
    mycarouselView: {
    initialize: 'initMycarousel',
    tap: '
    react-on-tap'
    }

Initialize fires but not tap. That is, how I learnt in Stackoverflow forum, because the event goes to the element of a carousel, not the carousel itself. So I put following code into the initialize function of my carousel:

carousel.element.on( 'tap' , function(e, el) {
    react-on-tap();
    }, this);

This works fine, but then I define my events at two different locations. Is there a way to get it done in the control-definition?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The carousel component doesn't have a tap event which is what the control config in the controller is going to listen for. The tap event is on the element so the controller cannot listen to it, you need to fire an event on the carousel component for the controller to hear the event.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1