Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ladinho10 is on a distinguished road

Default @Path annotation with arrays

@Path annotation with arrays

Hello

I'm creating a grid with a variable number of columns. I'm almost done but only one thing left... I cant access attribute Address (PersonProperties interface). I dont know how to write @Path properly. If anyone has any idea, Please give me advice.

JSON:
    Code:
    [    {
            "FirstName": "John",
            "LastName": "Doe",
            "Age": 23,
            "Details": [
                {
                    "Address": "Apt R113",
                    "City": "Boston",
                    "ZipCode": "30523"
                },
                {
                    "Address": "ABC 22",
                    "City": "Paris",
                    "ZipCode": "51112"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
    PropertyAccess Interface:
    Code:
    public interface PersonProperties extends PropertyAccess<PersonDTO> {

ModelKeyProvider<PersonDTO> key();

ValueProvider<PersonDTO, String> FirstName();

ValueProvider<PersonDTO, String> LastName();

ValueProvider<PersonDTO, Integer> Age();

@Path("Details???Address")
        ValueProvider<PersonDTO, String> Address();
    }
    and here is my code:
    Code:
        PersonDTO person = personList.get(0);    for (int i = 0; i < person.getDetails().length(); i++) {
            DetailDTO detail = person.getDetails().get(i);
            ColumnConfig<PersonDTO, String> cc = new ColumnConfig<PersonDTO, String    (personProperties.Address(), 50, detail.getCity());
            l.add(cc);
        }

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

As discussed on your SO post, this isn't supported. AutoBeans are a GWT feature - the only thing that GXT brings to the table is XML support.

That XML support includes simple pathing because XML supports both attributes and sub-elements, and it is possible for a tag to have a child attribute and a child element that have the same node name - this allows for some disambiguation. Additionally, we support other simple paths using the DomQuery engine and language, because it is convinient to do so, not because we expect complex mappings to occur. Indeed, complex mappings will make it very difficult to map both XML to objects and those objects back to XML (using the XmlWriter), so we don't encourage it.

In general, AutoBeans are meant to be a simple interface-based window into the underlying data, not a full-on mapping system. This encourages developers to keep their models simple, as client code is usually running in the slowest environment (as browser JS VMs are often slower than any server technology). Other libraries exist that target this 'translation' style of object mapping instead of directly mapping properties and types - Piriti comes to mind, though I haven't worked directly with it before.

Thread Participants: 1