Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

Default SA 676 crashes

SA 676 crashes

I have an application which crashes SA when a field is changed. I don't know that I am able to recreate the scenario so I've attached an application that causes SA to crash.

The application is slimmed down to a tree store and a model. The store includes static data to be displayed in a tree grid. Making a change to the model field 'Builtin', such as changing the field type, causes SA to crash. At least for me. Perhaps your mileage will vary.

After much trial and error the error can be eliminated by editing the static data in the store's 'root' property.

I'm providing this post as a heads-up in case it lets you understand why SA crashes.
    Attached Files

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

I too found static data changes causing intermittent crashes.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hard crash as in segfault or the Sencha Architect styled window ignore/restart/quit?

Is this the same issue?
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...t-causes-crash
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

ignore/restart/quit....

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default I see a hard crash

I see a hard crash

Crash Screenshot.png

I download the attachment I posted to produce the problem and so create the image. This is a different screen to the post today.

Are you unable to reproduce the problem?

Also, I'm seeing hard crashes and also SA formatted errors when making other changes. I'll try to reproduce on a different machine - maybe there's an environmental issue on some Windows machines.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Reproduced on Windows Server 2008

Reproduced on Windows Server 2008

I've just installed SA 676 on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2 and see the same hard crash. The message box is slightly different but that's a platform thing.

I have VS including VS C++ so let me know if there's anything I can do to provide debug information.

Crash Screenshot 2.png

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The entire native runtime is changing in the next version of Architect (2.2).

We are standardizing on the Desktop Packager. Hopefully this is already fixed with that move, we'll see if we can test it out (once we can repro).
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2