Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Zaina.Alyahya is on a distinguished road

Default Browser Could not connect to local host

Browser Could not connect to local host

I just started learning how to work on sencha architect, and I'm following this tutorial http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#...st_desktop_app. It all seems easy, but I faced a problem. When I want to preview my project on the browser, the browsers give me a message that it could not connect to localhost, I tried other ports, 8080,9090.. nothing worked. What's the problem? Should I change the port being used from a certain location?

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

How to setup your local environments web server is outside the scope of architect but if you provide a little more information like OS and the steps you performed to setup that web server.... someone might chime in.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    garry@trisys.co.uk is on a distinguished road

Default Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost

I just downloaded Sencha Architect Version 3 onto Windows 8 and built a very simple application.
    I then tried to run/preview it and got this error:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost

Quite frankly, I expected it to at least run!
    If I did the same with other vendors' products, they install a supporting tool such as WebMatrix and automatically configure the project to load and start.
    Is this something you have considered?

Without being able to actually run the project, I am very, very unlikely to persevere with the trial.

G.

Thread Participants: 2