Vote Rating
    DrunkenBeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Scrolling to an item in the new List component

Scrolling to an item in the new List component

Hi,

With the way the new List component works how can I scroll to a specific item. The offsetTop method doesn't seem to work (because the item isn't rendered yet) and calculating the offset by adding item heights before reaching the targeted item doesn't work either because you have to scroll first for the items to be rendered.

The idea I have right now is to get the ViewItems, look for the targeted item inside them and scroll to it if I find it, otherwise scroll to the end of the current view (rendering a new set of items) and repeat the process until I find the targeted item. This can be optimized by first scrolling to (itemIndex - 1)*defaultItemHeight before beginning the hunt. The reason this first scrolling is not enough on its own is because of grouping headers that have to be taken into account.

Is there a way to do this more "easily"?

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Use the scroller...

Code:
    list.getScrollable().getScroller().scrollTo(x, y);
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    DrunkenBeard has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi,

The problem is the y coordinate. How do I get the coordinate of an item when it hasn't been rendered yet (the new list component doesn't render an item until you actually scroll to it).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Stx.Greg is on a distinguished road

I am having the very same problem. This was easy to do before the infinite list, but as DrunkenBeard mentioned, it is much more difficult when there are list items that haven't been rendered.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Stx.Greg is on a distinguished road

I dug into this a little more. I don't have a full implementation yet, but here are some hints.

After the list's painted event, you can still get the viewItems from the list, but they won't have any offsets to use with the scroller. In the element property of a viewitem, there is a getOffsetsTo method that returns a good offset from the top of the list even if the list is grouped and the item isn't rendered yet.

This should be enough to run with to scroll to a specific item.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scottd is on a distinguished road

If you know the index of the item you want to scroll to, you can use something like this:

Code:
    function scrollToSelectedItem(list, index) {
        //console.log("scrollToSelectedItem: index=" + index);

var map = list.getItemMap();
        var offsetTop = map.map[index];
        var centeringOffset = 130;
        if (offsetTop > centeringOffset)
            offsetTop -= centeringOffset;
        //console.log("OffsetTop=" + offsetTop);

var scroller = list.getScrollable().getScroller();
        scroller.scrollTo(0, offsetTop, undefined);
    }