Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    RABHARDWAJ is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Looking 4 different ways 2 develop mobile & desktop application on same code

Unanswered: Looking 4 different ways 2 develop mobile & desktop application on same code

We are planning to develop an application that is targeted for mobile and desktop platforms.
    Can I use the same code base to develop application that are targeted for mobile and desktop platforms.
    If I can't, how much of it can I re use to develop desktop and mobile apps with easy way?.

Or, how i can achieve it by adding it within a single running application with some kind of logic with differet views.

Is there could be some other RIA framework that can help with desktop and mobile application to achieve my goal, then please suggest that alternate also.
    Would appreciate if anyone can share their experiences for doing similar efforts.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Loaded question. The answer is a mix of yes and no.

If you are talking using Ext JS and Sencha Touch then some things could be reused but the views will have to be different per as the UI for desktop is 99.9% of the time going to be completely different.

If you are going to use Ext JS but have different styles for mobile, that's pretty doable.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1