Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    benjamineberle is on a distinguished road

Default Editing component properties as object causes crash

Editing component properties as object causes crash

Architect Build tested:
    • Build: 676
    Project Type:
    • ExtJS 4.1.3
    Description:
    • When I try to edit a property as an object in the project inspector's configs, in this case "root" on a treestore and "layout" on a panel, Architect quits with a runtime error. This happens both on a Windows and a Mac machine. It crashes after I enter a few lines or even characters, either when clicking "save" or spontaneously.
    • For now, how could I fix this manually? Writing directly to metadata?
    • UPDATE: Adding a proxy to the treestore before editing the root object seems to fix at least the crash on the root object.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Not sure
    Operating System:
    • Win 7 & OSX
    Picture1.jpg

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Okay so you add a TreeStore and then go to he root configuration and put
    Code:
    {
       expanded: true
    }
    in and it crashes? Can't reproduce it here

Any additional steps or a video may help us.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like this may be a duplicate of:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...SA-676-crashes
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I was able to reconstruct both issues:

1. In the attached sample, if the tree store does not have a proxy defined, almost any input to the tree store causes a crash, such as changing the class name. It's not just the root property. With the memory proxy, it works fine. I remember reading that a memory proxy is default, so I assumed I don't have to specify it.

2. If I add a panel to the views in the attached project and edit the layout object, it crashes while typing. The error message says: "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'layoutDefinition.layoutConfigs')"

That happened on different machines (mac and win). One issue might be that I have the development folder in dropbox. But when reconstructing it, it even happens outside of the dropbox.
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Looking into this now, get back to you soon
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I can get this to crash on number 2 using build 676 (latest production). In the next release you will no longer be able to convert layout to an object. Layout is fairly special and should have never been given a multi-type.

Number 1 however I could not get to occur. Editing the userClassName and the root property did not provide errors or anything unexpected.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Phil,
    Just to confirm, did you remove the proxy before editing in the attached example? When I do that, it crashes in a runtime error.

Do you see a problem with having a project within dropbox? I think dropbox improved on "open files syncing", but some time ago it could cause corruptions.

Vote Rating

I did remove the proxy as a first step. Must be something else that we're missing as a factor.

We certainly don't officially support the use of a dropbox folder. However we also don't condemn it either. I will tell you that with the next major release, Architect will be responsive to any I/O that occurs on the metadata directory. This might be very good or potentially very bad wrt dropbox folder.

I will admit it's not a scenario we test. This however would not cause the issues you're seeing here.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I just tried it again and it crashes already when I try to delete the proxy. No idea what the difference is...

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough

As a side, I use DropBox for all of my Sencha projects (as well as other types of dev). Perfect for moving between machines as often as I do.

John