Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    albert0346 is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Touch versus Tersus

Sencha Touch versus Tersus

Hi,

I´m new to Sencha Touch, made my first trials with it and recognized that I have to deal with a lot of code. I mention this "deal with a lot of code" because I´m not the youngest anymore (66 years), programmed in my young days and don`t have now the nerves to deal with all the detailed code things. So I looked at the Net for easier ways and found for example Tersus. Now my question:

When I want to create webapps (mobile and for the PC) would you suggest using Tersus in my case? Of course you all like your baby Sencha Touch, but please be open minded and tell me all the advantages and disadvantages by using Tersus in comparison to Sencha Touch (if you know this system).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Albert

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out Architect: http://www.sencha.com/products/architect/
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It´s too expensive for me.

Albert

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I looked a little closer into Tersus and recognized it´s really very old fashioned in comparison to Sencha Architect. So I thought to myself, Albert, let´s give you an after christmas present and bought Sencha Architect. And - I´m very happy that I´ve done it. It´s super elegant, modern and easy to use. Perhaps I have to cut a little on my other expenses - but it´s worth it.

Abert

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by albert0346 View Post
    And - I´m very happy that I´ve done it. It´s super elegant, modern and easy to use.
    See you in Architect's forum
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Thread Participants: 2