1 Jan 2013 7:41 AM #11
2 Jan 2013 9:51 AM #12
Your example was concise and worked wonderfully. Here's what I have so far:
1. Use Sencha Architect to "design" my beautiful GUI.
2. Use 'sencha app build package' to ultimately get the js code into the assets/www android directory.
3. Use 'ant && adb install -r blahblahblah' to get the apk built and installed on my Android device.
So, that begs the question(s)
1. Can the sencha touch framework build an Android apk for me?
2. If not, then what's the purpose of the sencha touch framework?
2 Jan 2013 10:43 AM #13
Sencha has its own native packaging/api process aside from phonegap. Here are the docs on that:
I think phonegap is much more feature-rich in their api. For the second question regarding the use of Sencha Touch, for me, it's the UI component library, layouts, data package, MVC just to name a few.
If you have more questions on the native build process, I'd recommend opening another thread to make sure we don't clutter this one up.
Front End Developer
Sencha Touch Screencasts
Vimeo - Sencha Touch Channel
Sencha Cordova Builder enables the automatic creation, building, and running of PhoneGap (Cordova) projects with Sencha Touch.
Am I Sencha Touch Ready? checks your system to determine what you need to do to start Sencha Touch development. If you're having trouble getting up and running, try this out.
Sencha Tools Bridge allows Sencha SDK Tools to co-exist with Sencha Cmd on the same system.