Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-3028 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

Default Wrong name in outline window

Wrong name in outline window

Architect allows a component which is defined 'in-line' by configuration in the main view port to be made into a class. It also allows that now separate class to be restored to be in-line and defined by the view port configuration again.

When the separate class is restored the 'displayName' within the '(Architect)' category is retained but the name used to display the element in the outline is one generated by SA for example 'MyGrid4'.

The solution is to delete the 'displayName' and re-enter it.

This may be a grid (and columns, plugins, etc) only. A toolbar embedded within the grid panel was restored correctly.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

bseddon, could you please give us steps to reproduce from a blank project.

It sounds like SA is persisting the top level userClassName that is generated after becoming inlined.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

I don't know about giving you all the steps. They would either be time consuming to write accurately or too general to be of value. So I've created an example project which is attached as a zip. The project is as simple as I can imagine. It a model attached to a store attached to a tree grid in a viewport. The model (and so the tree view) has columns of 'id' and 'description'.

You will see the tree view ('SimpleTree') is linked to the viewport. Click on the link entry in the viewport pressing the right mouse button and selection the option to return the class to be 'in-line'.

When I do this in the attached project the view and columns names shown the outline are SA generated (MyTreeView, MyTreeColumn, MyColumn, etc) even though the display names are still in the properties for the respective class. The generated name appear no where.

I've done this several times in the attached project so I expect you will be able to see the same behavior.

Bill Seddon
    Attached Files

Thread Participants: 1