1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    19
    Vote Rating
    1
    honggang.z.zhu is on a distinguished road

      1  

    Default How to control the source code?

    How to control the source code?


    I have a emergency question, if there are several developers how to control the source code?
    Does it support for many developers at the same time?

  2. #2
    Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    522
    Vote Rating
    41
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

      1  

    Default


    devs perform multiple check-outs from source control, check-in, merge, commit. no different than any other environment. The one thorn is how the current build of architect doesn't monitor file changes to alert you when others make changes to the file your working on. Future builds will no doubt improve the experience.

    In a nutshell, you can certainly use architect in a multi-dev source controlled environment today, not perfect but workable. sencha team can speak to future plans.

    Hope that helps,
    John

  3. #3
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay, CA
    Posts
    41
    Vote Rating
    1
    rgralhoz is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMerlin View Post
    In a nutshell, you can certainly use architect in a multi-dev source controlled environment today
    Thanks for your post, John. Do you have experience working in teams with SA2?

    Documentation tells you to export project to .XDA file, share it, import it on the other dev machine, save it as local project, then re-export it to .XDA... This seems to bring lots of overhead to development. I wonder if there is a more efficient way...

  4. #4
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay, CA
    Posts
    41
    Vote Rating
    1
    rgralhoz is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMerlin View Post
    devs perform multiple check-outs from source control, check-in, merge, commit. no different than any other environment.
    Which files to check-in to or check-out from source control? The archived project file (.XDA) or the entire project folder, containing the Architect project file, meta-data and JS files?

  5. #5
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay, CA
    Posts
    41
    Vote Rating
    1
    rgralhoz is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rgralhoz View Post
    Which files to check-in to or check-out from source control? The archived project file (.XDA) or the entire project folder, containing the Architect project file, meta-data and JS files?
    Collaboration Best Practices article tells you to add all files to source control system(except for .architect).

    It seems like you don't need the export to/import .XDA approach for collaboration with source control management. Am I right?

  6. #6
    Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,363
    Vote Rating
    128
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rgralhoz View Post
    Collaboration Best Practices article tells you to add all files to source control system(except for .architect).

    It seems like you don't need the export to/import .XDA approach for collaboration with source control management. Am I right?
    Yes! The .xda project archive is just for sharing as in I need to send an email with the project or post it up on a webserver, etc. For source control you should check in everything but .architect.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team