Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jhoweaa is on a distinguished road

Default Strange problem with app built by Sencha Cmd

Strange problem with app built by Sencha Cmd

I'm using Sencha Cmd 3.0.2.288 to build an Ext JS 4.1.1a application. When I run the application from my development directory everything looks fine. However, if a run the application that was generated by 'sencha cmd build' I have a minor issue with the look of my app.

I'm displaying data in a grid, and for one of my columns I'm using a custom renderer which adds css to the column:

Code:
    renderer: function(value, metaData, record) {
       metaData.css = 'some-style';
       return value
    }
    When this code is run in my dev environment, the items in the grid all have the 'some-style' defined on the <td>. However, when I run in the built environment, the style is missing. I haven't had a chance to look deeper into what is going on, but does anyone have an idea why a built application would behave differently than the non-built version? On a related note, is there a way to get sencha cmd to 'build' a version of the app the normal way, but not compress my code? If so, I could at least step through in the debugger to see what is going on. It doesn't do me any good to step through my dev version, because it works!

Thanks!

Jim

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jhoweaa is on a distinguished road

I've done a little more investigation and I have an inkling of what might be going on, but I'm still confused. One issue I had was with the styling used by the renderer. My code uses metadata.css, but in playing around with another installation I see that perhaps the property I should be using is 'tdCls'. That would explain why the style isn't showing up, but it doesn't explain why the build behaves differently than the dev version. Relatedly, I was trying to build a small example to see if I could replicate the problem and I noticed I was having problems with the 'cellclick' event. In my new example, 'cellclick' wasn't even being triggered. What this makes me think is that my dev environment is using one version of extjs and my build is using a slightly different version. I had been playing around with the 4.2 beta, but I was pretty sure that the app I was testing was entirely written using the 4.1.1a version.

More investigation on Monday.