Vote Rating
    varsos is on a distinguished road

I think there are two major points here, one is the versioning of EXTJS which indicates minor releases but in reality they are major releases. This throws people off thinking it is just a plug-and-work with less bugs deal.
    Sencha's definition of major release, 3.x to 4.x is more than a major release, maybe a different product.
    The second point is way the framework has evolved, got larger, with more tools around it, thus more complex for smaller shops, thus training needed, thus... you get the point. It is Sencha's business strategy, good one, but ever evolving.
    In a large enterprise environment where a lot of money in invested in the applications and tool set, it is very difficult to adapt Sencha's evolution of the framework., especially for existing applications. It is a bit easier for new development.
    varsos

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    geniodella is on a distinguished road

I was reading this topic because i had a similar problem,
    i tried to use the command line sencha create like the documentation but
    it's not available any longer, but there is one point that i don't agree,
    you said that you made the customer or your company buy the sencha complete,
    but you cannot jump from a version to another before testing everything,
    it would be too good that two different version of the same framework were
    100% compatible but in the reality it's not.
    I tried to make a native porting from sencha touch to android and it took me two weeks,
    so i wouldn't venture letting a customer of mine buying a product that i don't use for at least
    a few months.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    da_bar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSharp2 View Post
    This is strange logic, you buy a commercial licence to avoid the viral give it away to anyone and everyone obligations of GPL. What made you believe a Sencha commercial licence provides access to a superior engineered branch of the library?

Anyhow in your most recent post you seem to have retracted the allegation that the commercial variant is inferior to the GPL licenced library.
    It's not like that, but when you buy an enterprise support (that costs as two average programmer sallaries in my country) and that support has points that you can spend on bug fixes and not even one bug fix was solved and even bugs submited were in the following releases. Then why should anyone buy premium support?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by da_bar View Post
    It's not like that, but when you buy an enterprise support (that costs as two average programmer sallaries in my country) and that support has points that you can spend on bug fixes and not even one bug fix was solved and even bugs submited were in the following releases. Then why should anyone buy premium support?
    Did you open a ticket in the support portal?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jimmylu98 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Feel the same pain with extjs 4.0.x, 4.1.1a and 4.2.0. Open a ticket in the support portal (as premium support) doesn't means the ticket will be solved even though the ticket is about extjs bug.

Should open ticket at support portal for extjs bugs? If Schena will support to fix the extjs bugs say within 2 weeks or 1 month, I will open all my tickets for 4.2.0 bugs (reported @ bug form) with my application( since so far I used only 10 out of 200 tokens which I may never use).

We cannot release our product against 4.0.x, 4.1.x, and 4.2.0 due to it is unstable (many bugs), as well as slower performance compare to 3.4.x. Therefore we have to do our development for both 3.4.x and 4.2.x at the same time. It is very sad (double work) and waste lots of time.

Truly not sure what is the future for extjs 4.x.x.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I personally do not have issues with 4.2.0 but mileage will vary with how much custom things you are doing (I try not to fight the framework).

Opening a ticket in the support portal gives bugs a higher priority.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    da_bar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Of course I did, but bugs were not solved, each time your support team replied with this has been marked as a bug and will be fixed, some of them still remain in newest extjs version, not to mention that you put 4.2 out that has many new bugs, I have 4.1.3 in my app, and yesterday I tried to upgrade to 4.2 and when I loaded my app, maximize, minimize not working as expected (constrains not working as they should and restore put's window in different location if you use top and bottom toolbars, that is something that was working fine in 4.1.3).

You should stop making new versions with milestone changes every few months, please fix one version with all the bugs submitted and label that version "long term support" so that people using your app (paying fot that app) in enterprise enviroments have a stable version. We already decided in our company that we will not pay premium support for the next year, it's just a waste of money.

Vote Rating
    atticconversions is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry if I posted here. I'm looking for an answer about the difference of sencha touch, ExtJS and cmd. So, I thought by this topic might answer myconfusion about sencha products. Instead of asking their difference in each discussion, I decided to read all your post. Somehow, my confusion about sencha touch and Extjs lessen. If I may add another question for a beginner like me who is not a web developer. What Sencha product should I start?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by atticconversions View Post
    What Sencha product should I start?
    It depends on what you want to build. If it's a desktop web app then Ext JS is perfect for you. If it's a mobile web app (on something like an iPhone or Android tablet) then Sencha Touch is great. Sencha Cmd is just a tool to help generate a skeleton app and build the application for you for production deployment amongst other things.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by da_bar View Post
    Of course I did, but bugs were not solved, each time your support team replied with this has been marked as a bug and will be fixed, some of them still remain in newest extjs version, not to mention that you put 4.2 out that has many new bugs, I have 4.1.3 in my app, and yesterday I tried to upgrade to 4.2 and when I loaded my app, maximize, minimize not working as expected (constrains not working as they should and restore put's window in different location if you use top and bottom toolbars, that is something that was working fine in 4.1.3).

You should stop making new versions with milestone changes every few months, please fix one version with all the bugs submitted and label that version "long term support" so that people using your app (paying fot that app) in enterprise enviroments have a stable version. We already decided in our company that we will not pay premium support for the next year, it's just a waste of money.
    Like I said, bugs reported from customers get a higher priority, doesn't mean they will get fixed within x amount of days. Let's be honest, everything has bugs in it, it's the nature of software. I'm not saying this is acceptable but if given a proper test case bugs can get fixed quickly, I've seen this happen numerous times. Part of bugs are regressions, things that were fixed may break in new versions. Watching the Ext JS team get through the bugs as fast as they have is tremendous, 4.2.1 is going to have a ton of fixes. I personally updated a couple of my apps to 4.2.0 and experienced to api changes or bugs. In my experience, 4.2.0 has been a very solid and performant release but mileage will always very.

As for support for "long term support", we support all versions for a long time, Ext JS 3.4 has been out for years and is still supported. If feasible, workarounds will be given for any version.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar