Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jimmylu98 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Like I said, bugs reported from customers get a higher priority, doesn't mean they will get fixed within x amount of days. Let's be honest, everything has bugs in it, it's the nature of software. I'm not saying this is acceptable but if given a proper test case bugs can get fixed quickly, I've seen this happen numerous times. Part of bugs are regressions, things that were fixed may break in new versions. Watching the Ext JS team get through the bugs as fast as they have is tremendous, 4.2.1 is going to have a ton of fixes. I personally updated a couple of my apps to 4.2.0 and experienced to api changes or bugs. In my experience, 4.2.0 has been a very solid and performant release but mileage will always very.

As for support for "long term support", we support all versions for a long time, Ext JS 3.4 has been out for years and is still supported. If feasible, workarounds will be given for any version.
    We all agree that any software has bugs. However, Sencha did not get the point that some bugs will make a product unusable (unstable), these bugs should be fixed right way or give a work around. That what we paid for the premium support.

Extjs 4.x.x was released more than two years ago, however, all released versions 4.0.x, 4.1.x and 4.2.x have critical bugs.

As example: a critical bug EXTJSIV-9229 in 4.2.0 http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?259453 This bug is still in 4.2.1 beta, but it is not in 4.1.1a and 3.x.x. This is about remote tree node expand and I believe it is commonly used.

Another difficult bug EXTJSIV-8231, in 4.1.1a as well as 4.2.0, (not in 3.x.x), http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?253837 . No workaround so far even I opened a ticket in the support portal

As a software provider, we cannot afford to release any product with such kind of critical bugs in any applications.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Just bumped both of them. EXTJSIV-9229 is scheduled as of right now to be address for 4.2.1 GA, the other am seeing if the lead wants to get to it as well.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    da_bar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Just bumped both of them. EXTJSIV-9229 is scheduled as of right now to be address for 4.2.1 GA, the other am seeing if the lead wants to get to it as well.
    What about this:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ow-menu-items&

I found this bug a year ago and submitted it through premium support,
    got a reply with this link that it has been already addressed.

And after a year, still nothing, and this is a serious bug, if you wan't to make your app by the book and use controllers and people use different resolutions so button will go into overflow on smaller resolutions and not trigger an event.
    Workaround is there to put listeners both to button and menuitem, but this is not a menuitem, so workaround is stupid.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Kyle2123 will become famous soon enough

I think you guys are being unfair. In a framework this size, there will always be bugs. They can't give you 24hour turnaround on anything you report. In fairness to Sencha, have you even looked at the guts of the new layout system? Do you know the complexity that went into that stuff? It's incredible. Ofcourse there are going to be bugs there. They completely redid how the entire layout engine works. It was a very ambitious change, and it's going to pay off for you in your apps and how they perform going forward, but any time you make a change that huge, there are going to be a few challenges.

To me, the best part about ExtJS (vs Silverlight or Flash or WPF or whatever other compiled framework you used to build apps on), is that you have full access to the source code. So what you can do is, instead of just reporting a bug and sitting there waiting for a fix, get active in the community, or try to troubleshoot it yourself. If instead of just posting the bug, you post it and tell them you've found the problem in the code here, and this is the fix, guess what? Your odds of it being fixed in the next release just went way up. What I do for bugs is, report them, but then look into fixing them myself. And then, in my app.js, I have a section of overrides where I put my (temporary) bug fixes until Sencha gets them fixed. When I upgrade to a new release, I comment out my bug fix overrides, and I test those features and see if they were fixed by Sencha. Hopefully, they were. If not, I keep the override in place (possibly tweaking it a little if there were edits to that section of code in the new release)

Now you can come back with "Yeah but I shouldn't have to fix bugs!!!!" News flash -- every framework has bugs. You just have more visibility into them here because you've got the code. Take advantage of that. When I used to run into bugs with Silverlight, i was basically screwed. With ExtJS, I can usually just fix them and move on.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    polydyne has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've been trying to build an Android 4.0 app using Sencha Touch 2.2 and Sencha Cmd 3.1.1 for a few days, and it is not working. I posted a question in a forum and no responses either.

If you build Android 3.0 app it works, but it won't work in Android 4.0 emulator or Android 4.0 phone.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar