Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    digeridoopoo will become famous soon enough

Default Sencha Command woes...

Sencha Command woes...

Hi,

I just wanted to vent my frustration a little bit about the current version of the Sencha command and the documentation that goes with it.....maybe it will save some other people some time and from wasting a few hours like I did!

The documentation is out of date, and also there are pretty epic bugs after installing! I've wasted at least an hour fiddling and reading in the forums just to get it working. I was getting numerous error messages when trying to run the command, which were fixed by reading in the forum and issuing this command after cd-ing into the touch 2.1 directory:

Code:
    export PATH=~/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.2.288:$PATH
    and then the command:

Code:
    Sencha
    and then it works!

Vote Rating
    bricemason has a spectacular aura about bricemason has a spectacular aura about bricemason has a spectacular aura about

I'm surprised you had to put Cmd in your PATH manually. This should have been taken care of automatically by the installer. Did you have Cmd 3.0.0.250 or SDK Tools installed previously? If so, did you uninstall them first?

Brice
    Brice Mason
    Front End Developer
    Modus Create

@bricemason
    bricemason.com

Sencha Touch Screencasts
    Vimeo - Sencha Touch Channel

Github Projects:
    Sencha Cordova Builder enables the automatic creation, building, and running of PhoneGap (Cordova) projects with Sencha Touch.

Am I Sencha Touch Ready? checks your system to determine what you need to do to start Sencha Touch development. If you're having trouble getting up and running, try this out.

Sencha Tools Bridge allows Sencha SDK Tools to co-exist with Sencha Cmd on the same system.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    digeridoopoo will become famous soon enough

Default Fixed....sort of

Fixed....sort of

Have to do some more testing....the first 2 builds failed (based on a Sencha generate app). Then I just tried it again with this first:

Code:
    sencha generate app MyApp /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/MyApp

and then cd-ing into the directory and running
    Code:
    sencha app build
    ....and the third time it works! Weird!

To get it working at all I did still have to enter this command first though in Terminal in order to issue the Sencha command in the first place:

Code:
    export PATH=~/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.2.288:$PATH

I am on Sencha Touch 2.1 and Sencha Command 3.0.2.288, With Mac OS X 10.8.2. I also uninstalled the SDK tools and reinstalled the Sencha Command.

I did also download and install the latest Sun Java, but not sure that had an effect as I had a failed build after installing that.

Thread Participants: 1