Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    honggang.z.zhu is on a distinguished road

Default Different controllers for different views

Different controllers for different views

I have two windows: 'winA' and 'winB' in sencha architect project, Both of them have a combBox with id 'cmbList'. I created two controllers 'Controller.winA' and 'Controller.winB', I want to 'Controller.winA' is for the window 'winA', 'Controller.winB' is for the window 'winB', so I added 'cmbList' onbeforerender code in 'Controller.winA'. when I showed the window 'winA', the combBox load data successfully, when I showed the 'winB', the combBox load data successfully also, but I want to load different data in the combBox on 'winB', what can I do ?

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

How you layout your apps controllers is obviously up to you but the general rule of thumb is to create "domain" controllers that cover areas of your app, not specific views. For example, if I have a contacts list view and a contacts editor view, I would create a Contacts controller to manage those views (not a controller for each view). If your have a dozen screens specific to "contacts" you might then consider splitting your controllers up further: ContactsMaintenance, ContactsSync, ContactsData etc..

Lots of material out there on the topic. Hope that helps.
    John

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    honggang.z.zhu is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help. But I don't know a controller how to manage a special view. I have selected a controller's views attribute, but i doesn't work. Can you give me a sample ?

Thread Participants: 1