Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    namrms is on a distinguished road

Default Multi Select component doesnt get focus when using tab key to navigate the form

Multi Select component doesnt get focus when using tab key to navigate the form

form.png

I have a form as shown above :

I would like to navigate it using 'tab' keys on the keyboard.but once the focus is on Major Release combo, when i press tab again. The focus shifts to 'Reset' button rather than to the Image Names field.

Image Names Field is a multiselect component.

ExtJS Version : 4.0
    Facing this issue in IE,Mozilla and chrome.

Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this ?

Thanks n Regards,
    Namratha

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It's not an actual form field in that it doesn't have an <input> or the like so to make a component focusable then you need to use the FocusManager.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

When I use Ext.FocusManager.enable() in the onReady() the page is getting distored as below when i use version 4.0.7.

distorted.png
    while in version 4.1 it has doesnt distort, but the multiselect doesnt still get the focus.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    riku351 is on a distinguished road

I am also facing the same issue.

I have 3 multiselect fields. 1st multiselect is pre-loaded. Based on the selection of the first selection the values of the second multiselect changes. And same with the 3rd multiselect.

I am trying to fire "blur" event but its is not firing. some sample code is as below.
     xtype : 'multiselect',fieldLabel : 'Product Area*',name : 'productArea',height : 70,overflow : 'scroll',allowBlank : false,blankText : 'Please select Product Area(s)',listeners : {focus : function() {alert('kali');},blur : function(a, e) {alert('kali');Ext.Ajax.request({url : Admin.Constants.getProductGroupUrl,params : {productAreaId : this.getValue()},success : function(response) {},failure : function(response) {}});},change : function() {this.up('panel[xtype = cpidwindow]').down('form[name = verification]').getForm().setValues({productArea : this.getValue()});},render : function(c) {Ext.QuickTips.register({target : c.getEl(),text : 'Please select one or more Product Area(s)'
    });}},store : _productArea,valueField :
    'value',displayField : 'name'
    I am stuck and its a show stopper for me.
    Please suggest how to proceed.

Thanks
    Kali

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi ,

Any suggestions how to get multi select into focus without using focusManager as it is not supported in the version that I am using - 4.0

what is the significance of the tabIndex config ? setting that is not helping either.

Thread Participants: 2