Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pbienick is on a distinguished road

Default sencha app upgrade failing

sencha app upgrade failing

I'm trying to upgrade my Sencha Cmd-generated application to v3.0.2.288. It was generated with 3.0.0.250. As per the instructions, I ran

Code:
    sencha app upgrade <path to sdk>
    but I am receiving this error:

Code:
    [INF]		update-app:
    [ERR]		
    [ERR]		BUILD FAILED
    [ERR]		com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    [ERR]		/Users/paulb/Projects/BlueSage/HIP/web-app/.sencha/workspace/plugin.xml:2: Cannot find /Users/paulb/Projects/BlueSage/HIP/web-app/.sencha/workspace/$'{'framework.config.dir'}'/plugin.xml imported from /Users/paulb/Projects/BlueSage/HIP/web-app/.sencha/workspace/plugin.xml
    [ERR]			at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.wrap(BasicException.java:43)
    This is a large application, but it uses a single page - no workspace.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Can you see if this happens using 3.0.1.268 (from 250)?
    I am curious to see if the latest version has caused an issue.

If this does not work, please report back. If this does work, then upgrade to 3.0.2.288

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Scott,

I'd be happy to try 3.0.1.268 if I can find it. Based on the URL for 3.0.2.288, I tried http://cdn.sencha.com/cmd/SenchaCmd-...68-osx.app.zip, but that didn't work.

Paul

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

It seems it was pulled due to a serious problem.

Try to narrow this down ..

Create a new test app:
    sencha -sdk /var/www/extjs4 generate app TEST /var/www/test <- using 3.0.0.250
    sencha app upgrade /path/to/sdk <- from test DIR using 3.0.2.288

The other option is to create a new app (same NS as your existing app) and move all the JS files over .. make sure you back everything first. This is usually a painless exercise.

then run: 'sencha app refresh' to update your .sencha meta

Scott

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I generated a new app with 3.0.0.250, and as I expected, it worked just fine when upgrading it to 3.0.2.288. The last time I tried to upgrade this app (probably from 3.0.0.230 to 3.0.0.250), I ran into a similar problem, and did as you suggested: generated a new app using the same namespace and copied the files over. This isn't exactly painless, and I'm disappointed that I have to do it again.

What bugs me is that if you look at that error, it's as if $'{'framework.config.dir'}' is not getting expanded, although perhaps I'm just interpreting the error too literally. Either way, I'm not using a workspace, and I never go near any of those Sencha config files, so I can't imagine why this keeps going wrong.

Unless you have any other suggestions, I'll generate a new app and copy the files over.

Thanks for trying.

Paul

Vote Rating
    cmeans is on a distinguished road

I'm running into the same error (issue with .sencha\workspace\$('{'framework.config.dir'}')\...) when running "sencha app upgrade <sdk>" for v3.02.

Can I ignore this as it appears to have take care of the packages foler etc.? Or will there be other issues lurking when I try to build?

I'm not using a "workspace", but I do have that folder.

Thanks.

-Chris

Vote Rating
    cmeans is on a distinguished road

I was able to fix this simply by generating a new app (in a temp folder) and just copy over the "ext" folder (seems the upgrade stopped part way through that process).

I then made sure to fix the cmd version entries in the sencha.cfg files and updated the build.xml etc.. I still have more tweaks to make to return some lost functionality, but the compile seems to be working OK (at least, no errors ).

Thread Participants: 2