kngai is on a distinguished road

Default Can't tab (keyboard navigate) focus to Grid Panel component

Can't tab (keyboard navigate) focus to Grid Panel component

In my HTML page, I have these components in the following DOM order:
    1. Standard HTML radio buttons in a fieldset
    2. ExtJS Form Panel with 3 combo boxes
    3. Basic ExtJS Grid Panel with single Row Selection
    4. Standard HTML button with event to remove a row in grid panel
    Keyboard navigation is a must for me due to our accessibility requirements. I can tab through all the components except for the Grid Panel; the focus skips from (2) to (4). Specifically, I need to be able to keyboard Up/Down to make row selection. Currently I can only do this with mouse down on a row first before Up/Down works.

In ExtJS 3, I was able to tab focus to the grid panel, then add event handlers for keyboard UP/DOWN to select rows. I can't figure out how to achieve something similar in version 4.
    I know there are other threads related to keyboard navigation on Grid Panels, but could not find anything related to tab focusing a grid panel and then row select using Up/Down keys.

Help much appreciated.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Please review the following:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?249591

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kngai is on a distinguished road

Default Works but very unnatural. Also found strange behaviour, which TAB focuses correctly.

Works but very unnatural. Also found strange behaviour, which TAB focuses correctly.

I've actually enabled the FocusManager:
    Code:
    Ext.FocusManager.enable({focusFrame: true});
    Not sure if that is enough. Either way, TABing through the DOM order still skips the grid panel. Am I missing a key configuration here?

It does work when I am focused on a ComboBox, press ESC (to focus the form panel), then press TAB will it then focus the grid panel. But this is simply unnatural.

Strangely, I simply tried adding the grid panel as a component in the form panel so I have the items in the following order:
    1. ComboBox (Selection here loads selections for ComboBox #2 and #3)
    2. ComboBox (Selection here adds to grid panel store)
    3. ComboBox (Selection here adds to grid panel store)
    4. Grid Panel
    As soon as I make a selection in ComboBox #3 and then TAB right away (while grid panel is adding the selection to store), it strangely gives focus to the Grid Panel correctly.