Sencha Touch Premium User
    Vote Rating
    senchacyber is on a distinguished road

Default Missing source code from architect

Missing source code from architect

For example: we added a "tap event" on a button and we edit the code in that event. When we look on the code generated with Architect (JavaScript File) and we review the same event we can see the event has nothing of code in it.
    If we look back on Architect and we go on the same event we can see our code still there...
    Obviously when we save the project and use the application the code is not there and the program fails...
    We are very concern on this type of problems because it is VERY difficult to detect where some code will be missing...

Please advice
    thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Mthor will become famous soon enough

did you publish your app? if you did not publish your app then the files wont get updated. if you did publish and changes did not come, try closing the architect and then once open hit publish, you should see your changes. I ran into this once.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If you guys are able to reproduce this issue please let us know. We will also be on the lookout to see if we see any problems.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ismoore is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am currently evaluating architect, having downloaded it a couple of weeks age, and I have to say I seem to be running into several bugs, this being one of them.
    I am running under linux publishing to apache. There are several occasions where code edits have not been reflected on the server. It seems to happen more often if code is edited (rather than properties). Although I save and publish I have noticed that the rsync does not see that the file has differed. If it is code, changing something else will usually "force" it to publish.
    However I have tried for some time this morning to publish some changes but no matter what I cannot get it to reflect the code being shown in the editor. Even after a restart, the internal editor shows changes that do not seem to be present in the underlying js files.

Is this a known issue? It is definitely making the product unusable.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

No, we have had no such reports.

Could you please isolate the issue and see if you can reproduce it reliably so that we could take a look into it?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 3