Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    bricemason has a spectacular aura about bricemason has a spectacular aura about bricemason has a spectacular aura about

Default Am I Sencha Touch Ready? - Automated Report to Detail Sencha Touch Requirements

Am I Sencha Touch Ready? - Automated Report to Detail Sencha Touch Requirements

Hey Everyone,

I created a new script which when run will analyze and report the tools and resources on your system as well as detail the things missing from your configuration that are required to support Sencha Touch development.

This project was partly inspired by the HTML5 is Ready contest but also just by the passing complaint of it being too hard to get up and running with Sencha Touch. The reporting of the script makes it easy to understand and visualize the parts that are missing as well as providing the steps used to fill in the gaps.

If all tests pass, the report will also generate the actual commands based on the user's system configuration that can be copy/pasted to a terminal to create a first project and build it.

I hope that with this project, total beginners to Sencha Touch can use it to do less configuration and more development.

Right now, I just have a script which covers macs but I'll work on a windows version next.

I posted a screencast covering its use too: https://vimeo.com/57116845

Brice
    Brice Mason
    Front End Developer
    Modus Create

@bricemason
    bricemason.com

Sencha Touch Screencasts
    Vimeo - Sencha Touch Channel

Github Projects:
    Sencha Cordova Builder enables the automatic creation, building, and running of PhoneGap (Cordova) projects with Sencha Touch.

Am I Sencha Touch Ready? checks your system to determine what you need to do to start Sencha Touch development. If you're having trouble getting up and running, try this out.

Sencha Tools Bridge allows Sencha SDK Tools to co-exist with Sencha Cmd on the same system.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    digeridoopoo will become famous soon enough

Default Great work!

Great work!

Great work Brice, this will really help beginners (and others I expect!).

:-)

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

cool - looking forward to the windows version!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    voavictoriano is on a distinguished road

Default Windows version

Windows version

Hi, it's look great!. There are a windows version?