Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    PhilChill is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: app.json file and tomcat

Unanswered: app.json file and tomcat

Hey guys,

I start to write an app.json file for my sencha touch application. As a guide I used the blog entry http://www.sencha.com/blog/behind-se...-build-process it is a great guide. But anyway i stuck a little bit.

My application is not a standalone project it is included in an Ext project which is running on a tomcat. Here is a screenshot how it looks like (the folder name with m is the mobile application)
    projectStructure.PNG

The structure of the mobile folder is
    mobileFolder.PNG

And the tomcat server is running on port 8080.
    The thing where i stuck is the building. Do i need to use the sencha touch command line? If yes how i specify the location of the application and the location of the server where the application should be deploy to?

If you need more information just let me know. Thank you guys in advance

Sencha - Services Team AndreaCammarata's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about AndreaCammarata has a spectacular aura about

Yes you need Sencha Cmd in order to compile your app, but the application location and the deploy target folder cannot be specified directly using the "sencha app build ..." command.
    The application location is retrieved from the directory where you run the command (should be the application root) while the build dirs are hard coded into the "app.json" file and, by default, are set to the following values:

Code:
    /**
         * Default paths to build this application to for each environment
         */
        "buildPaths": {
            "testing": "build/testing",
            "production": "build/production",
            "package": "build/package",
            "native": "build/native"
        },
    So if you can change this values in order to build your app in a different folder and then launch the build command followed by the deploy type.
    For instance:

Code:
    sencha app build testing
    Otherwise you can provide the "--destination or -d" option to specify your build directoy, but you need to remember to do that every time you build your app.
    Sencha Inc
    Andrea Cammarata, Solutions Engineer
    Owner at SIMACS

@AndreaCammarata
    www.andreacammarata.com
    github: https://github.com/AndreaCammarata

TUX components bundle for Sencha Touch 2.x.x
    https://github.com/AndreaCammarata/TUX

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    PhilChill is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay thank you another question how can i check if the application used the app.json file and more important that it will not reload everything again. I tried to check it with the google chrome console and the network but i'm not sure if this is the right way

Thread Participants: 1