1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    177
    Vote Rating
    9
    huberte will become famous soon enough

      3  

    Default New Sencha 2.2 : new features ?

    New Sencha 2.2 : new features ?


    Hi,

    Since Android is now the first mobile OS, I would like to know if :

    1. the native android back button will be implemented

    2. The native openurl (like in ios) will be implemented (for native packaging)

    3. The LVL licence protection for Android, since google will let the other protection down.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    37,525
    Vote Rating
    871
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

      -3  

    Default


    It has more activations but stats that you get online aren't always 100% true or the most devices you will see using your app.

    Will these features be in 2.2.0, not everything will. Do we want to support them, yes.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager
    ________________
    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

    Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

    Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

    When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

  3. #3
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Berne, Switzerland
    Posts
    714
    Vote Rating
    42
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

      0  

    Default


    +1 (especially #1 and #2! Pleaaaaaaase!!)

  4. #4
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46
    Vote Rating
    4
    andrewx is on a distinguished road

      1  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    It has more activations but stats that you get online aren't always 100% true or the most devices you will see using your app.

    Will these features be in 2.2.0, not everything will. Do we want to support them, yes.
    I think that's a bit of BS - some of us target Android because we have a lot more users on that platform than iOS (and we have the logs to back it up).

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    177
    Vote Rating
    9
    huberte will become famous soon enough

      1  

    Default


    If I may ask, I don't quite understand the plan for the next version of sencha...

    Android was the first os in US (worldwide too) at the end of 2012, you have plenty of articles on the web about this fact.

    Windows 8 could rapidly grow, but its performance in US market is underwhelming (ok in europe they maybe have 5 or 10 %)

    If you look at some specific market (european countries) you see that Android is the most used os, and sometimes (like in France) by a large factor (Android 60 % , iOS : 25 %)

    My question is : why don't you focusing your development on the top used OS, particularly on the top lack of features which are draining lot of questions on this forum (see 1 and 2 above)

    I thought it would be logical, first fill the gap, then developing on other platform, then the world ...

    But again I could miss some strategical points...

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    177
    Vote Rating
    9
    huberte will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Any news on this, should we create a poll ? and then could you make it sticky ?

  7. #7
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundas, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    82
    Vote Rating
    -4
    rgporter can only hope to improve

      -3  

    Default


    It's not that simple. It depends on what you mean by "first os". The stats are all over the place, in such a way that both Android and iOS are equally important. If you're developing a web-based app, iOS is the most important as web traffic is higher for iOS than Android. This is because a lot of Androids that are sold have no data plan, or the user is just getting a cheap phone and doesn't care that it has a web browser and never uses it.

    Sales for Androids are higher, meaning there are more out there. But if people use them differently (and they do) then you have to pay attention to that.

    Re: Android back button - it already works fine, I'm not sure why you're asking about that. Use URI schemes/routing in your app and the back button will work.


    Quote Originally Posted by huberte View Post
    If I may ask, I don't quite understand the plan for the next version of sencha...

    Android was the first os in US (worldwide too) at the end of 2012, you have plenty of articles on the web about this fact.

    Windows 8 could rapidly grow, but its performance in US market is underwhelming (ok in europe they maybe have 5 or 10 %)

    If you look at some specific market (european countries) you see that Android is the most used os, and sometimes (like in France) by a large factor (Android 60 % , iOS : 25 %)

    My question is : why don't you focusing your development on the top used OS, particularly on the top lack of features which are draining lot of questions on this forum (see 1 and 2 above)

    I thought it would be logical, first fill the gap, then developing on other platform, then the world ...

    But again I could miss some strategical points...

  8. #8
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Berne, Switzerland
    Posts
    714
    Vote Rating
    42
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

      2  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rgporter View Post
    Re: Android back button - it already works fine, I'm not sure why you're asking about that. Use URI schemes/routing in your app and the back button will work.
    Can you show us some sample code how you did that for a native app?

  9. #9
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    177
    Vote Rating
    9
    huberte will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rgporter View Post
    It's not that simple. It depends on what you mean by "first os". The stats are all over the place, in such a way that both Android and iOS are equally important. If you're developing a web-based app, iOS is the most important as web traffic is higher for iOS than Android. This is because a lot of Androids that are sold have no data plan, or the user is just getting a cheap phone and doesn't care that it has a web browser and never uses it.

    Sales for Androids are higher, meaning there are more out there. But if people use them differently (and they do) then you have to pay attention to that.
    Interesting, I never thought about performance issue or usage. I think most of the android phone are under 3.X, and with low performance not usable for sencha...

    Quote Originally Posted by rgporter View Post
    Re: Android back button - it already works fine, I'm not sure why you're asking about that. Use URI schemes/routing in your app and the back button will work.
    Great ! A link ? A sample code ?

  10. #10
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Vote Rating
    5
    NineBerry is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Back Button will work if you execute your Sencha app in a web browser, but it will not work in a native packaged app.