Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    RyanPays is on a distinguished road

Default Expanding the first grouping of a grouped grid only

Expanding the first grouping of a grouped grid only

Hi,

I have a requirement to expand the first grouping of a grouped grid when the grid is rendered.

Using the config property startCollapsed i can obviously start all groups collapsed but was wondering how i can start with the first view expanded and all other collapsed only.

I saw there is a private method for the grouping feature called expand which expects an ID, presumably of the grouping you want to expand.

How do i access the ID of the group i want to expand? Is this even possible to achieve?
    I used the following code to determine that i need to pass an ID to the expand method:

Code:
    var groups = Ext.data.StoreManager.lookup('Notifications').getGroups(),
          gridFeat = grid.features[0];

gridFeat.expand(<--ID expected as JS error 'id' is null or not an object-->);
    I inspected the markup and the ID on the group body is gridview-1104-gp-Today ​but passing that into the method does not work either.

Vote Rating
    vadimv will become famous soon enough vadimv will become famous soon enough

that method, expand, should have as argument group name, not an ID, thus in your case I suppose is expand('Today'). You can look in the source code of the method and understand better how it works.

Thread Participants: 1