Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    besimo is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Fullscreen problems with list

Unanswered: Fullscreen problems with list

Hi all,

I have currently an application with a list (a menu) on the left side. Based on which element has been clicked, I change the content on the right side.

If I run the application on the iPad in Safari, every menu item works fine and shows the related content.
    If I add it to my homescreen and starting the it via its app icon then from the homescreen, not all menu items switch content anymore. The page is then in fullscreen without having the control elements like inputfields, google search input field etc. from the Safari browser shown.

Same problem with those "complex" menu items, if i put that page into a webview inside a native iOS project.

I add the content via this method:
    Code:
    case 0: 
        me.getLeftView().add(Ext.create('MyApp.view.ViewMyCases'));
        break;
    case 1:
        me.getLeftView().add(Ext.create('MyApp.view.ViewMyActivities'));  
        break;
    case 2:
        me.getLeftView().add(Ext.create('MyApp.view.SearchPersonFormView'));
        break;
    Case 0 works in both "modes" - the content on ViewMyCases is just a label.
    Case 2 does not work in fullscreen - the content is more complex (Titlebar, Fieldset, Buttons).

Has anyone of you gotten into the same trouble?

Thanks,
    besimo

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The controls not there in homescreen or a native app is just how things are designed, you won't get them in there as that's how Apple has designed things.

It sounds like you are having layout issues with things not fully in view.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Mitchell,

the strange thing is, that the menu entry is not selectable.
    So I guess this is not a layout issue?! If it would become active, I could believe this. But it doesn't get an active item inside the list.

b.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Finally found the solution:

I haven't taken a look into the requires. And that was the problem. After adding all the required Components- no problem anymore. It is the same problem as of this thread ("White Screen of Death")

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?247008

Best,
    b.

Thread Participants: 1