Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jc999 is on a distinguished road

Default Designer to Architect... my experiance...

Designer to Architect... my experiance...

Hi,

I have been using designer for a while, and have upgraded to architect a few week ago.
    I did come back to Designer last week. just because of a few things:
    - Designer UI is faster, and has a better response time (under last retina mbp). Architect seems terribly slow...
    - Clicking on a component in designer displays its properties and point to its definition in Designer, not in Achitect, where i need to find the right component on the right list...
    - Having the events directly within the code seems nice, but I like being able to modify the code in one file, in one go instead of having to select each of the components to modify the code...

I didn't tried architect as much as I am using designer how ever...

JC

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jc999 View Post
    - Designer UI is faster, and has a better response time (under last retina mbp). Architect seems terribly slow...
    The underlying runtime that Designer and Architect run on is the same. With the next release of Architect it will be moving to Sencha's Desktop Packager which should provide some major performance boosts as well as direct support for the retina displays.

- Clicking on a component in designer displays its properties and point to its definition in Designer, not in Achitect, where i need to find the right component on the right list...
    I don't understand this one.

- Having the events directly within the code seems nice, but I like being able to modify the code in one file, in one go instead of having to select each of the components to modify the code...
    If you prefer this, you can always use an override. We do not prevent you from working this way.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi,

Thanks for you comments...

I just tried again to confirm or not, what we are looking at...

Regarding the second thing, after having imported my designer project, when clicking on an item ( in the center of the screen ), the component instance was not auto-selected in the project inspector...
    I just tried again with a new small project, but now it's working... ...
    I wanted to re-import the xds Designer project to Architect to test this case again, but Architect now returns this error "This version of Architect is not supported" ( I have updated the designer to the version 1.2.3 b52...)

Regarding the 3rd,
    Indeed, you are right, the overridden class are also editable within Architect ! That's great !

Anyway, I find Architect much more advanced and complete than Designer, it's really a great tool. (even if I am not using it, yet, for my current project ;-) )

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hrm did you create an Ext 3.x project in Designer? Architect only supports Ext 4.x and Touch 2.x.

If it was an Ext 4.x project in Designer more steps to reproduce and perhaps the Designer project xds would help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Nope... 4.0.2a...
    Will check this again and come back to you.

Thread Participants: 1