Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mdm-adph View Post
    Hey -- looking good. Yeah, those categorized views are a pain in the ass -- I've just stopped using them in my apps.
    LOL. I agree, I *try* to avoid them as well but it would be nice if we can get them to work. Good news is that Rich is working on them now that we've moved to Ext 2.x.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Dominoble is on a distinguished road

Default Must have categorized views

Must have categorized views

Quote Originally Posted by jratcliff View Post
    LOL. I agree, I *try* to avoid them as well but it would be nice if we can get them to work. Good news is that Rich is working on them now that we've moved to Ext 2.x.
    Not using them is simply NOT an option. I built a very feature rich ext.nd version of our core application using the work around categorized views from the forum here. The problem there was it would take several minutes (yes I timed it) to expand one category. That was a deal-breaker and I had to suspend any further work on it. That was several months ago. I'd hoped that would be fixed by now. The reality is I'm just wasting my time until I can use one of the most basic parts of Notes' functionality. Sorry. You guys do good work but that's the way it is.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zakaroonikov is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Dominoble View Post
    Not using them is simply NOT an option. I built a very feature rich ext.nd version of our core application using the work around categorized views from the forum here. The problem there was it would take several minutes (yes I timed it) to expand one category. That was a deal-breaker and I had to suspend any further work on it. That was several months ago. I'd hoped that would be fixed by now. The reality is I'm just wasting my time until I can use one of the most basic parts of Notes' functionality. Sorry. You guys do good work but that's the way it is.
    I too have been worked with the code on this forum. I am not sure how the slowness problem could be tackled with categorised views. The way the categorised view functionality in the forum worked was it looked at the position number of the category you clicked on (ie 2) then called the ?ReadViewEntries with &Expand=2 and &Count=-1 to give you all the documents in that category.

So if you have 10000 documents under a category then the ajax request has to wait until 10000 entries come back from the server in order to render it (then it takes time to render). The use of ?RestrictToCategory may work better in some ways but it only works at the first category.

The code would have to be reworked to instead only pull a fraction and use the start= parameter as well. The paging toolbar would then also need to be made category aware. So if you started collapsed then expanded categry 3 then you would request from the server '?ReadViewEntries&Expand=3&Start=3.1&Count=30'. The pressing of the next icon would then have to know if there were anymore documents under category 3 and if so call &Expand=3&Start=3.31&Count=30 and so forth. If however there were not anymore then the standard paging would kick in and the next page of categories would show.

It will be interesting to see how the Ext.nd guys impliment this. I am working on getting category/subcategory level totalling working

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar