Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bstrappazzon is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha SQLite proxy and native packaging

Unanswered: Sencha SQLite proxy and native packaging

Hi all,

I'm using the new sql proxy provided with sencha touch 2.1 and it works great as long as I use it in a browser. I tested it on the native browser of my Asus transformer tablet.

As soon as I package my application in native, I get an error when I try to access webSql database throw the proxy:

Code:
    01-05 21:35:47.020: E/Web Console(9939): Uncaught Error: SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18 at file:///android_asset/app.js:66393

My tablet is working on android 4.0.3.

Is there something I can do to make the SQL proxy works on a native application ?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hubsencha is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bstrappazzon View Post
    Hi all,

I'm using the new sql proxy provided with sencha touch 2.1 and it works great as long as I use it in a browser. I tested it on the native browser of my Asus transformer tablet.

As soon as I package my application in native, I get an error when I try to access webSql database throw the proxy:

Code:
    01-05 21:35:47.020: E/Web Console(9939): Uncaught Error: SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18 at file:///android_asset/app.js:66393

My tablet is working on android 4.0.3.

Is there something I can do to make the SQL proxy works on a native application ?

Thanks
    Same problem here on simulator and smartphone android.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by hubsencha View Post
    Same problem here on simulator and smartphone android.
    Nice to see that I'm not alone with this problem.

I think that this issue may be related to the webView used by sencha native packaging. I think that it is not configure to accept webSql database or it simply cannot use webSql because android 4 webView does not allow it.

Maybe an android expert can confirm that?

I solve this issue by packaging the application with Phonegap and use https://github.com/brodyspark/PhoneG...Plugin-Android to persist my data.
    This is not what I wanted to do first. I would prefer to perform a full sencha build.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

You should be able to use websql without the sqlite phonegap plugin on native. I was fine using phonegap, without that plugin, when I was working with my own proxy. Perhaps try creating the database with a lower amount of memory? 5mb worked for me.

Having said that, I'm reverting to saving json files locally and overwriting them with updates because in my experience sqlite is a complete nightmare to develop and debug with... exactly because of errors like this.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    zonaib is on a distinguished road

hi guys , make sure space that you allocated for the sqlite is less than 5 mb otherwise it will give you error ...

window.openDatabase("Database", "1.0", "Cordova Users", 3000000);

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The database size is not the problem, I still have the same error when I package my application.
    The weird thing is it's now working with phonegap packaging without using the custom sqlite plugin.

I really don't understand what is happening.

Many thanks for your answer