Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sophicworks is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Firefox error - Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "..

Unanswered: Firefox error - Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "..

Hi everyone, I'am new to extjs and I had a problem running my application on firefox,
    the console in firebug gives me a massive amount of this kind of error and I don't have any idea what it is.

[Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "onProgressChange"' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onProgressChange]" nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)" location: "native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0" data: no]

Line 0

anyone who has idea how to fix this?
    Note: works fine with Google Chrome and error occured using Mozilla Firefox 18.0

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

There seems to be a bug in new JIT compiler ionMonkey that is released in firefox 18.0.

check http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?253345

In this thread, the proposed patch for this problem is, putting the following directly in the beginning of the Ext.onReady function.

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function(){

if (Ext.firefoxVersion >= 18) {
          var noArgs = [];
          Ext.override(Ext.Base, {
          callParent : function(args) {
             var method, superMethod = (method = this.callParent.caller) && (method.$previous || ((method = method.$owner ?
    method :
    method.caller) && method.$owner.superclass[method.$name]));

// Workarround for Firefox 18. I don't know why this works, but it does. Perhaps functions wich have
             // a try-catch block are handled differently
             try {
             } catch (e) {
             }

return superMethod.apply(this, args || noArgs);
          }
         });
      }
    another fix is to disable the ion compiler.

type about:config in de adress of the browser, search for javascript.options.ion.content and disable it by clicking on it.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi tvanzoelen, thanks for the quick reply and concern,
    I'll try your solution and I'll be posting updates soon.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi tvanzoelen, I've tried putting the code you gave at the top of my app.js..
    but no luck.. maybe I just put the code in the wrong place or something.. Sorry for being newbie about it. I hope you could elaborate more, thanks.

- Mark