Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-3910 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stnlylee is on a distinguished road

Default Android Chrome poor performance on sencha touch 2.1

Android Chrome poor performance on sencha touch 2.1

Hi all

I just upgraded my sencha touch app from 2.0.1.1 to 2.1 and sencha cmd 3.0. All good except the performance is poor in Android Chrome only (even Android default web browser performs well). Anyone knows this issue?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    cyee is on a distinguished road

What type of performance are you referring to? There are lots of known scrolling issues that are supposed to be addressed in either 2.1.1 or 2.2.0; also, Android 4 in particular has known issues with the default browser.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mroy100 is on a distinguished road

Same issue here. The scrolling are terrible in 2.1 with chrome (lists and panels) in android 4.2.1 (Nexus 7). You can use the kitchen sink 2.0.1 and 2.1 and you see big difference in performance (framerate on scrolling).

When do you think 2.1.1 will be out ? I have to choose to get back to 2.0.1 or to wait for the update.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

The biggest problem is that in ChromeMobile the ScrollPosition-translatable is used. When you change that to the CssTransform one, you will see major performance improvements.

However there is also one disadvantage, text will look blurry in some places.

I opened a ticket to get this fixed and also moved this thread to the bugs forum.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

With Dolphin, scrolls are acceptable. It's not as smooth as in the previous version but lot better than Chrome. The scrollbar looks the same on Chrome and Dolphin: opaque black rectangle (no corner radius / no opacity 0.5). But they looks correct in 2.0.1.

How can I use the CssTransform in 2.1 ? I would rather have blurry text than unusable scrolling. Hope a workaround will be available or a fix from Chrome.

Thanks

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Code:
    Ext.define('overrides.Ext.util.Translatable', {  override: 'Ext.util.Translatable',
      requires: [
        'Ext.util.translatable.CssTransform',
        'Ext.util.translatable.ScrollPosition'
      ],

constructor: function (config) {
        var namespace = Ext.util.translatable,
          CssTransform = namespace.CssTransform,
          ScrollPosition = namespace.ScrollPosition,
          classReference;

if (typeof config == 'object' && 'translationMethod' in config) {
          if (config.translationMethod === 'scrollposition') {
            classReference = ScrollPosition;
          }
          else if (config.translationMethod === 'csstransform') {
            classReference = CssTransform;
          }
        }

if (!classReference) {
          if (Ext.os.is.Android2) {
            classReference = ScrollPosition;
          }
          else {
            classReference = CssTransform;
          }
        }

return new classReference(config);
      }
    });

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Wow ! My list are now scrolling correctly and the text in the liste remains sharp !

The panels also scrolls very well but with blurry text... I can live with that...

Thanks for this quick workaround

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

This will be the default in upcoming versions. You may also want to remove the use of scroll in the Card animations.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    fairport is on a distinguished road

Hi Jamie,

Are you able to provide me with a similar workaround (override) for ST1.1

We have a mountain (over 40 man months) of code in ST 1 and are still figuring out our strategy for moving all this code to ST 2.

We are in need of a fix for an immediate problem with Sony Experia phones that are currently unusable with our application.

Thanks
    in advance.