Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    LancerX is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: What to do with undefined is not a function during portal.add(portlet)

Unanswered: What to do with undefined is not a function during portal.add(portlet)

I'm working on legacy project with GXT and Highcharts GXT (http://highcharts-gxt.sourceforge.net/wordpress/). I'm getting the following exception:
    Code:
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): undefined is not a function
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    This is stack trace copied from the debugger
    Code:
    ... and others methods call connected with ModuleSpaceOOPHM
    ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(String, Object, Class<?>[], Object[]) line: 109    
    ModuleSpaceOOPHM(ModuleSpace).invokeNative(String, Object, Class<?>[], Object[]) line: 561    
    ModuleSpaceOOPHM(ModuleSpace).invokeNativeVoid(String, Object, Class<?>[], Object[]) line: 289    
    JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(String, Object, Class<?>[], Object[]) line: 107    
    RowLayout(Layout).doLayout(Container<?>) line: not available    
    RowLayout(Layout).callLayout(Component, boolean) line: 234    
    RowLayout.layoutVertical(El) line: 214    
    RowLayout.onLayout(Container<?>, El) line: 268    
    RowLayout(Layout).layout() line: 114    
    LayoutContainer(Container<T>).doLayout(boolean) line: 351    
    LayoutContainer(Container<T>).layout(boolean) line: 443    
    LayoutContainer.layout(boolean) line: 246    
    LayoutContainer(Container<T>).layout() line: 426    
    LayoutContainer.layout() line: 241    
    LayoutContainer(Container<T>).insert(T, int) line: 407    
    LayoutContainer.insert(Widget, int, LayoutData) line: 220    
    com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.custom.Portal.insert(Portlet, int, int) line: 213    
    com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.custom.Portal.add(Portlet, int) line: 142    
    ChartPortal.add(Portlet) line: 77
    Using "Open Implementation" in Eclipse, I found out that the issue is the method:
    Code:
     private native void doLayout(Container<?> c) /*-{
        c.@com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Container::layout()();
    }-*/;
    And what can I do with it? Please, suggest me something

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Where is that JSNI method found? I can't find it anywhere within GXT.

Can you share a runnable sample that has this issue?

Without more information, I would guess that this is a bug in the linked HighCharts-GXT library - have you tried to contact them for help?

Thread Participants: 1