I am experiencing a fair amount of RPC Timeout errors when attempting to call getDevice. I've been seeing these pop up for a while now, and through testing on multiple mobile devices and different browsers I have found that clearing the browser data (localstorage, cookies, etc) fixes the problem. It seems to eventually show up again, and frequently will resolve itself after exiting the app and coming back a while later - which leads me to believe it might be related to some kind of caching timeout it that exists.
I've dug through a good amount of source code and played with manually initializing the device. This bug seems very hard to replicate, but I cannot find anything my app is doing to impact this. It might seem to happen more often when I am actively developing and refreshing the app frequently. Below is what I'm seeing on the websocket when this happens:
Let me know if I can provide any other information to help assist with this. It doesn't necessarily appear to be a showstopper at the moment, but wanted to bring it up just in case it's an indication of a bigger problem.
I am actually seeing this happen rather frequently between my original post and now. I have been able to see it happening in both Chrome/Safari, and wrapped up natively on Apple/Android. I haven't been able to figure out a way to resolve it except for refreshing or clearing cache. Let me know if you have any on ideas on things to try or what other information I could provide, Thanks!
Thanks for the response Jason. I kept digging into it today, and found I was able to much easier replicate under the following conditions. I turned debugging logs on, but didn't really see anything that stood out.
-Open Chrome, run app, seems to run fine (at least initially)
-Open Safari and load up app, continues to run fine
-Open a second tab in Chrome, run app, and this tab frequently fails with the errors. Looking into Ext.io.Io.messaging and not much information (device, etc) was registered. idStore seemed alright though, but I'm really not sure.
-Refresh the Chrome tabs periodically will help with reproducing the issue.
The problem could be caused by running the same app in two tabs of the browser. The two instances of the app will be sharing the same cookies and localstorage... to the system they will appear to be two instances of the same device... and if the system sends a message to the device only one of them will receive it which could be confusing...
Hi John. That's what I am guessing might be happening, however I have seen the issue happen on both my Android and iOS apps that were packaged via PhoneGap where you would never expect duplicate instances of the application. Of course it's not close to as often as when I'm working on the app through a browser or reproducing it with multiple tables.
I can't believe I missed this, but I just realized that it happens very often when loading a new version of the app onto Android/iOS devices. It does seem like clearing all local files and/or waiting for an extended timeout resolves it. It doesn't happen if the app is completely uninstalled first, but I guess a concern would be if we are updating app versions through Apple/Android stores and getting the users an upgrade.
Turkiyenin en sevilen filmlerinin yer aldigi xnxx internet sitemiz olan ve porn sex tarzi bir site olan mobil porno izle sitemiz gercekten dillere destan bir durumda herkesin sevdigi bir site olarak tarihe gececege benziyor. Sitenin en belirgin ozelliklerinden birisi de Turkiyede gercekten kaliteli ve muntazam, duzenli porno izle siteleri olmamasidir. Bu yuzden iste. Ayrica en net goruntu kalitesine sahip adresinde yayinlanmaktadir. Mesela diğer sitelerimizden bahsedecek olursak, en iyi hd porno video arşivine sahip bir siteyiz. "The Best anal porn videos and slut anus, big asses movies set..."