Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2764 in 3.0.6.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rondestvedt is on a distinguished road

Default AccordionLayoutContainer scrolling problem (IE only)

AccordionLayoutContainer scrolling problem (IE only)

I have some ContentPanels inside an AccordionLayoutContainer. When the text in one of the ContentPanels is long enough to need a horizontal scrollbar, if I move the mouse over the text it causes the ContentPanel to grow continuously to the bottom of the page, pushing anything below it off the page. This happens in IE, but not in Firefox.

I have not seen this reported for GXT, but saw it for EXT here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?230978, but I don't see that it was fixed anywhere. Can you please let me know the status? Thanks.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

That issue wasnt fixed as it seems. I will move your threads into the bugs forum and push it into the tracking system. Thanks for reporting.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Great, thank you for the quick update.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Has this been fixed in 3.0.4, and if not can you tell me when a fix can be expected? Thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Could you please provide an update on the status of this bug?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reporting this bug. We've been over the original Ext JS bug report, but as GXT and Ext JS don't share any code, I'm not sure what to take away from it. We've tried to build a few test cases to reproduce this both from your description and from the linked thread, but so far have been unable to cause the bug.

I've tried modifying the sample AccordianLayoutExample.java and noticed it produced a scroll and tried IE7,8 & 9 but didn't see any growth on mouse hover.

Code:
          String s = "A:testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestB:testtesttesttest~~~";
          store.add(m, newItem("Darrell" + s, "user"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Maro" + s, "user-girl"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Lia" + s, "user-kid"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Alec" + s, "user-kid"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Andrew" + s, "user-kid"));

I've also tried the snippet below with IE7,8 & 9, which produced a horizontal scroll manually but didn't see any growth on mouse over yet.

Code:
    @Override
      public void onModuleLoad() {
        ContentPanel panel = new ContentPanel();
        panel.setHeadingText("AccordionLayout");
        panel.setBodyBorder(false);
        panel.setPixelSize(200, 325);
        RootPanel.get().add(panel);

String s = "A:testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestB:testtesttesttest~~~";
        s += s + s + s + s + s + s + s + s + s + s + s;

HTML html = new HTML("1:" + s);
        html.getElement().getStyle().setOverflowX(Overflow.SCROLL);

ContentPanel cp = new ContentPanel();
        cp.setHeight(100);
        cp.setAnimCollapse(false);
        cp.setHeadingText("Header 1");
        cp.add(html);

ContentPanel cp2 = new ContentPanel();
        cp2.setHeight(100);
        cp2.setAnimCollapse(false);
        cp2.setHeadingText("Header 2");
        cp2.add(new HTML("2:" + s));

AccordionLayoutContainer alc = new AccordionLayoutContainer();
        alc.setExpandMode(ExpandMode.MULTI);
        alc.add(cp);
        alc.add(cp2);
        panel.add(alc);
      }

I've been trying to replicate the steps, but I have a feeling I'm missing a step or two to produce what was going on. Do you think you could provide more precise snippet of source to produce the issue? Or can you reproduce this in the sample above?

I ran these in both GXT 3.0.1 and in the latest, 3.0.5.

Thanks for your help,
    Brandon
    Last edited by branflake2267; 19 Jun 2013 at 2:33 PM. Reason: formatting

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I tried your example and could not reproduce the issue - I think if HTML is added to the ContentPanel it is not a problem. In my code I have a Tree added to the ContentPanel, and that is where I see the issue. I modified your example to use a Tree instead of HTML and was able to reproduce. Can you try this? I also do not have a height set on the ContentPanel (with a height set there doesn't seem to be a problem).

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

rondestvedt, can you share the test sample you've used to reproduce it? In addition to the sample above, we tried the example at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...ccordionlayout but gave each item much longer text to try to get the issue. From Brandon's reply:

I've tried modifying the sample AccordianLayoutExample.java and noticed it produced a scroll and tried IE7,8 & 9 but didn't see any growth on mouse hover.

Code:
          store.add(m, newItem("Darrell" + s, "user"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Maro" + s, "user-girl"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Lia" + s, "user-kid"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Alec" + s, "user-kid"));
          store.add(m, newItem("Andrew" + s, "user-kid"));
    Can you clarify on what you have in your project that makes it different from this? Can you also try starting with the example mentioned with those tweaks, and confirm that it does or does not happen?

If you can reproduce it with that sample, then our testing must be off, and you can clarify for us. If you *cannot* reproduce it, then it isn't just the Tree+Accordion that causes it, and either you can make the example more closely fit your case, or you can share your own case so that we can see this in action.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I was able to reproduce in AccordionLayoutExample.java. The only change needed, in addition to your previous snippet to force the scrollbar, was to set the ExpandMode on the AccordionLayoutContainer to ExpandMode.MULTI. As soon as I hover over an item in the tree, the rest of the Content Panels below move out of view. Collapsing and re-expanding "Online Users" fixes the issue until hovering over again. See screenshots below.

ContentPanelsMissing.jpgContentPanels.jpg

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for taking the and digging deeper. I was able to reproduce it with ExpandMode.Multi. I'll get this fixed and up date this thread when I do.

Thanks,
    Brandon