You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-3920 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    Ola GP is on a distinguished road

Default Can't add names for native Android application

Can't add names for native Android application

Not sure if this is a bug, or just something that is just not implemented.

Applies to:
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.250
    (Sencha Touch 2.1)

Problem #1:
    When packaging a native Android application, there is problem/poor support of naming the application.

In packager.json there is a field where you can name the application:

Code:
    "applicationName":"SenchaAPI"
    Problem is, if you have non-english characters here, (for example the swedish åäö) the native packaging will not complete. It says that only A-Z, 0-9 is allowed.

Problem #2:

A native Android application can have two names.
    • The full name that is shown when installing and in settings etc.
    • A short name that is shown under the icon when installed.
    It's not possible to name these two different names in the packager.json.

Workaround:
    For me to get around these limitations I have to manually edit the AndroidManifest.xml file in the Sencha Cmd folder and add these two names for it to work. But I think it should be supported by default in the Sencha Cmd native packager.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Thread Participants: 1