Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the detailed replies today Mitchell. Fingers crossed that 5.x will be sorted from the get-go and the framework we have been waiting years for.

Best
    MrSparks

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Whatty is on a distinguished road

What is the criteria being used to determine who gets into the private Beta program and how do I get my organization onto that list.

Whatty

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparks View Post
    Yes that is a major piece of work. I don't use the Touch framework, so it wont benefit me or EXTJS only Dev's in a tangible way. I was hoping 5.x would be where the performance issues would be finally addressed, however it sound like more more feature clutter and api changes, rather than stability and performance?
    The way the market is going, all web developers will need to build touch-enabled web apps. It may seem contrary coming from someone who's still on 3.x because 4.x was too slow and unstable, but at this point I think they indeed need to focus on bringing touch into ExtJS instead of doing more perf and stability work.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by joeri View Post
    The way the market is going, all web developers will need to build touch-enabled web apps. It may seem contrary coming from someone who's still on 3.x because 4.x was too slow and unstable, but at this point I think they indeed need to focus on bringing touch into ExtJS instead of doing more perf and stability work.
    Ext 5 will support tablet devices.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold

Will release 5.x add support for deferreds and promises?

So many other libraries support this style of programming. Will we see it in Ext JS?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Will release 5.x add support for deferreds and promises?

So many other libraries support this style of programming. Will we see it in Ext JS?
    I have not seen it go in yet but work is still being done to merge the frameworks and Touch 2.3 has promises (as does Space) so it's not a solid "no it won't be in there".

fwiw Fiddle is using it also
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Will release 5.x add support for deferreds and promises? So many other libraries support this style of programming. Will we see it in Ext JS?
    FWIW, the Deft JS extension has an excellent Promise API that is Promises/A compliant and passes the entire Promises/A test spec. https://github.com/deftjs/DeftJS/wiki/Promises%20API

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Marcello Dias is on a distinguished road

WHo in the world still uses an WinXP, IE7, 2gig ram, 1 cpu?? and I.E6?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of brian428 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello Dias View Post
    WHo in the world still uses an WinXP, IE7, 2gig ram, 1 cpu?? and I.E6?
    A vast number of people working at government agencies.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MrSparks has a spectacular aura about MrSparks has a spectacular aura about

Lots of organisations are using XP and IE6/IE7

Windows XP is end of life April 2014
    IE 6 will be supported until July 2015 (ie 6 shipped with Windows Server 2003)
    IE 7 will be supported until April 2017 (ie 7 shipped with Windows Vista)

However.. I agree that EXTJS 5 should not support IE 6 and for that matter it should not support IE 7 anymore. Browsers are much more transient than Operating Systems and organisations that use IE 6/7 could upgrade, should they choose to. Even large banks and government departments, which historically are very very slow to move will almost certainly have dropped IE 6 by April 2014.