21 Jan 2013 3:39 AM #1
EXTJS 5.x inprogess?
EXTJS 5.x inprogess?
Wondered if EXTJS 5.x was underway yet and if so.. whats a ball park release date for it? What major changes are there?
21 Jan 2013 11:10 AM #2
SenchaCon is this summer, so hopefully we'll see at least something by then.
11 Feb 2013 7:28 AM #3
One of the reasons I started the thread on community interaction is because much of the work on Touch 2.2, ExtJS 4.2 and/or 5.0 is unknown from the outside looking in. (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-the-Community)
11 Feb 2013 7:53 AM #4
I remember for Touch 2.0, a high-level roadmap was posted, and that was very helpful. It had the disclaimer that it could change at any time, and that was perfectly acceptable. Just having insight into what Sencha's overall goals are for the libraries is very valuable.
13 May 2013 3:05 AM #5
I wonder if there are any news concerning a new major ExtJS release?
Or - at least - do we get some more information during/after SenchaCon?
30 Jul 2013 10:35 AM #6
30 Jul 2013 10:51 AM #7
I haven't seen any confirmation of whether the new functionality unveiled at SenchaCon (Tablet support, more shared code with Sencha Touch, new grid stuff, etc.) will be called Ext JS 5 or not. I'm assuming yes. I'm also wondering what the timeframe is for releasing the developer preview. I somehow got the impression that it would be soon.
30 Jul 2013 1:49 PM #8
ExtJS 4.x is like Windows Vista - slow, buggy, breaking changes, complete failure. Let's hope 5.x will be more like Windows 7...
30 Jul 2013 10:30 PM #9
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Melbourne, Australia (aka GMT+10)
- Vote Rating
ExtJS 4 continues to be an amazing product, and still is miles ahead of anything in it's class. The amount of features and the speed in which it operates, even on obsolete browsers (IE6-8) is unparalleled. There's just nothing else that comes close.
IMHO ExtJS5 wont be around until late this year or early next year, and I'd wait until the first dot release (aka 5.1) before I'd deploy anything critical on it (same rule as any software).
So without knowing the actual timelines, the 'gist' from what I know is next year, having just moved back from working with Sencha to my own business to work on some great products.
I'm personally expecting a beta late this year Q4, but nothing usable in product until next year. We'll have to wait and see. (me included)
Even Apple are now waiting up to 6 months later for the new MBP because of production issues, this is normal in any company supporting a massive amount of users.
Who knows, the beta could be out next month?!
31 Jul 2013 5:14 AM #10