Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Here's yet another very popular JavaScript library abandoning support for IE8.

"AngularJS 1.3 discontinues support for Internet Explorer 8"

http://blog.angularjs.org/2013/12/an...pproaches.html

Ext JS 5 should drop support for IE8. Use Ext JS 4 if you need to support IE8.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Marcello Dias is on a distinguished road

In Brazil very few people still uses Internet Explorer ,it does not matter wat version at all.
    Google Chrome and FireFox rules the market.
    Specially in Goverment where FireFox is almost mandatory,just because you can upgrade it without having to worry about licence agreements.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Scorpie is on a distinguished road

Are relationships between Models finally supported in 5.x ? Its a disgrace that 4.x never fully supported even the most basic CRUD functionality with relationships between models as we are living in 2013.
    I`m from Holland!

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

The company I work for still supports IE7/8 government agencies and companies that are regulated are the hardest to get past the IE8 mark right now.

I wouldn't mind Ext JS 5.x dropping IE6/7 but I doubt my company will get everything moved over in time to also drop IE8 support.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpie View Post
    Are relationships between Models finally supported in 5.x ? Its a disgrace that 4.x never fully supported even the most basic CRUD functionality with relationships between models as we are living in 2013.
    DO you mean relationships between components(like master-detail) or is something related to ORM(I Really dont pay a cent for ORM).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mikhail Tatsky is on a distinguished road

It is 15 pages, was it said about date release and about new features?

Next year?
    As I read in posts.
    ExtJS 5 will support Touch events and has some advanced charts that developers can switch from HighCharts to ExtJS charts.
    Am I right?

Maybe some more features are planned to add?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tatsky View Post
    It is 15 pages, was it said about date release and about new features?

t?

Maybe some more features are planned to add?
    I would like a lot of samples using NODE.JS

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I think every framework drops Browsers support very fast because two main reasons,first because with less code you´ll have less bugs,and less work to do,so You can concentrate on new features also.
    But mainly ,because it turns the run time much faster, because newer Browsers work in a very similar manner ,I.E 10 ,Firefox 26,Chrome 31 all do things in the same way, probably much of the code in EXTJS are there just to manipulate the DOM and take care of the weirdness of browsers.
    I see one guy complaining about the speed of his application on I.E 6, despite of what was written in the EXTJS manual, if I.6 was so important to him ,he would rather have stayed with extjs 3.
    In fact,speed these days have more to do with the JavaScript engines than the implementation of the framework, so I don´t really know ,how can Sencha make EXTJS 4 OR 5 become faster in I.E6,and at least for me this is really not important at all. But being honest and state things clearly in the release of a software is mandatory.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

[/QUOTE]
    excuse me post by mistake in ther wrong forum

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    I was able to optimize our app for IE7 by about 50% by turning off the silly rounded corners for Tabs and Buttons when in IE6, IE7, IE8. It creates a table per tab and per button just to have rounded corners. I bet 99% of us will choose 50% improvement in speed over rounded corners.
    Thatś why I say they should deprecate old Browsers or at least have a kind of setting like IgnoreOldBrowsers=.t.