11 Jan 2014 9:59 AM #201
Another thing that i would like to see in the next release is the date-time field.
I hope it becomes available.
thank you very much.
11 Jan 2014 11:33 AM #202
11 Jan 2014 11:55 AM #203
Since we're covering Ext JS 5 wishlist items, I'll mention a few:
- Add in Eirik's Notification component.
- Create an associated TypeScript definition file (this will not only allow easy use of the library from TypeScript code, but will identify many API issues and documentation errors).
- Implement an optional centralized Model repository to eliminate duplicate instances of the same Model in multiple stores.
- Add low-level interception points to alter data structures being sent and received from Stores.
- Change the way Stores wrap their data arrays to allow wrapping a Store with another Store. Similar to Flex's ListCollectionView, this would allow multiple stores to apply separate sorting and filtering to the same underlying set of data.
- Completely re-build (or significantly improve) the way Model associations work. They're currently almost useless. Loading data into associated Models (and their Stores) is too limited, and there's no support for saving a Model along with its associations. This whole area needs serious rethinking.
- Expand the Charting options. What is present in 4 is a good start, but there are a lot of chart types and options missing that can be found in other charting libraries.
- Calling sync() on a Store with no changes pending should not just do nothing, but should immediately invoke the success handler.
13 Jan 2014 5:47 AM #204
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Vote Rating
Although I agree that MVC is better than Extjs 3, at the same time I get the feeling there is too much going on under the hood which gave me the feeling I was no aware of everything that is happening, opposed to ExtJS 3 where I always felt I knew and controlled everything about it.
Trust me, as long as the end client doesn't see any difference, it ain't going to cut, even if it takes less to develop, which I don't even I agree (having worked with ExtJS 3 and 4). Only thing Imbelieve it's better is that it's easier to structure the code with ExtJS 4
13 Jan 2014 8:27 AM #205
17 Jan 2014 5:09 AM #206
In some ways, that might be a possible consideration for Extjs in general to base their design on d3, since a corporate release cycle can't and shouldn't have every possible chart that a huge collaborative community can create.
17 Jan 2014 8:11 AM #207
17 Jan 2014 8:15 AM #208
SenchaCon is this summer, so hopefully we'll see at least something by then
17 Jan 2014 9:10 AM #209
18 Jan 2014 5:50 AM #210
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- Vote Rating
Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services email@example.com
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.