Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    wki01 is on a distinguished road

Another thing that i would like to see in the next release is the date-time field.
    I hope it becomes available.

thank you very much.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by arunmatics View Post
    Hi I have a function in main.js.
    Step one when asking for help: Don't hijack existing threads.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Since we're covering Ext JS 5 wishlist items, I'll mention a few:
    • Add in Eirik's Notification component.
    • Create an associated TypeScript definition file (this will not only allow easy use of the library from TypeScript code, but will identify many API issues and documentation errors).
    • Implement an optional centralized Model repository to eliminate duplicate instances of the same Model in multiple stores.
    • Add low-level interception points to alter data structures being sent and received from Stores.
    • Change the way Stores wrap their data arrays to allow wrapping a Store with another Store. Similar to Flex's ListCollectionView, this would allow multiple stores to apply separate sorting and filtering to the same underlying set of data.
    • Completely re-build (or significantly improve) the way Model associations work. They're currently almost useless. Loading data into associated Models (and their Stores) is too limited, and there's no support for saving a Model along with its associations. This whole area needs serious rethinking.
    • Expand the Charting options. What is present in 4 is a good start, but there are a lot of chart types and options missing that can be found in other charting libraries.
    • Calling sync() on a Store with no changes pending should not just do nothing, but should immediately invoke the success handler.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Grolubao is on a distinguished road

Although I agree that MVC is better than Extjs 3, at the same time I get the feeling there is too much going on under the hood which gave me the feeling I was no aware of everything that is happening, opposed to ExtJS 3 where I always felt I knew and controlled everything about it.

Trust me, as long as the end client doesn't see any difference, it ain't going to cut, even if it takes less to develop, which I don't even I agree (having worked with ExtJS 3 and 4). Only thing Imbelieve it's better is that it's easier to structure the code with ExtJS 4

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Navaar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brian428 View Post
    Calling sync() on a Store with no changes pending should not just do nothing, but should immediately invoke the success handler.
    A +1 to this fix. I had to patch AbstractStore to add this behavior since it made no sense why it did absolutely nothing.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    qooleot is on a distinguished road

• Expand the Charting options. What is present in 4 is a good start, but there are a lot of chart types and options missing that can be found in other charting libraries.
    When I first saw Extjs html-based charts, it was very exciting but has certainly been very stagnant since then in terms of chart types although lots of little axis-scaling, legend, and layout tweaks have been added.

I ended up taking D3 and the Vega specification (json describing chart properties) and writing javascript to map the json structure differences between it and Ext.define json for a chart. For example in d3 using Vega, there are scales/axes/marks, and sencha uses series and axis, but both have some overlap like width/height. That way, I can use d3 for all the crazy chart types that don't exist in sencha, but still use sencha charts for other apps that really just need a bar or scatter plot.

In some ways, that might be a possible consideration for Extjs in general to base their design on d3, since a corporate release cycle can't and shouldn't have every possible chart that a huge collaborative community can create.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by qooleot View Post
    I ended up taking D3 and the Vega specification (json describing chart properties) and writing javascript to map the json structure differences between it and Ext.define json for a chart. For example in d3 using Vega, there are scales/axes/marks, and sencha uses series and axis, but both have some overlap like width/height. That way, I can use d3 for all the crazy chart types that don't exist in sencha, but still use sencha charts for other apps that really just need a bar or scatter plot.
    Do you have an example of this or a Github project set up? I'd love to see what you did in this area.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Dev@QLP is on a distinguished road

• Completely re-build (or significantly improve) the way Model associations work. They're currently almost useless. Loading data into associated Models (and their Stores) is too limited, and there's no support for saving a Model along with its associations. This whole area needs serious rethinking.
    +1 for fixing model associations! They only seem to work in very limited real world scenarios.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nongtinh3 View Post
    SenchaCon is this summer, so hopefully we'll see at least something by then
    No, it's not this summer. We will be announcing details about SenchaCon 2014 but it's later in the year.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mjcee is on a distinguished road

+1 to a TypeScript definition file