Vote Rating
    nomack84 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Here's a catch. In order to build an awesome view layer, you first must have a data package to back up your components.

Ext JS has a very strong data package. AngularJS is missing this feature at least at the present time.
    I've never needed something like the data package in Angular. In Angular you make an ajax request which return a promise and throught the awesome data binding the single/array of objects is displayed/updated magically in the view.

I bet you that if you give it a try, you won't be dissapointed. Just don't forget that Angular is not for RIA's. Don't expect it to have what Ext have.
    Ext is terrific!!

Vote Rating

Just for clarification, I love Ext and with the new stuff coming, I will love it yet more.
    Ext is terrific!!

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    I've never needed something like the data package in Angular. In Angular you make an ajax request which return a promise and throught the awesome data binding the single/array of objects is displayed/updated magically in the view.

I bet you that if you give it a try, you won't be dissapointed. Just don't forget that Angular is not for RIA's. Don't expect it to have what Ext have.
    AngularJS declarative style of programming is not too my liking. I prefer to work with components as opposed to html templates.

Obviously you have some experience with Angular JS. How is performance of parsing Angular templates? I believe they use regular expressions for parsing(?). I'm curious about performance when you need parse a large number of custom ng-attributes.

Dojo supports both declarative and programmatic style of programming, but they don't recommend declarative style for larger projects because performance suffers.

http://davidwalsh.name/dojo-widget

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Lukappa is on a distinguished road

Wow this thread is going to Extplode

I'm nobody, but I'd like to share my experience:
    2 days ago I opened many projects made few weeks ago with several JS frameworks... almost impossible to edit and read....

Now, I'm just working on one project started 1 year and half ago with ExtJS (upgraded then to 4.2) and I feel like I was writing the code 2 days ago (more, the sencha cmd package let me do many things which with other frameworks you can't event think)

I do not work for/with sencha, so please, take this post just as an honest feedback from an happy developer

Vote Rating

From 1000 ft: they have a compilation step where the HTML template is compiled and after that the enter in the linked part. That way they process all the ng directives and applies whatches functions using events for the data binding. The compilation and linking step is esential in the performance. The compilation only ocurr once, and hence is the slowest part. And the linking is really fast. Overall, in my opinion the performance is really good.

The declarative sintax I think is more easy to understand, because you can use the knowledge from server side programming, where you can use templates engines.
    Ext is terrific!!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Lukappa View Post
    Wow this thread is going to Extplode

I'm nobody, but I'd like to share my experience:
    2 days ago I opened many projects made few weeks ago with several JS frameworks... almost impossible to edit and read....

Now, I'm just working on one project started 1 year and half ago with ExtJS (upgraded then to 4.2) and I feel like I was writing the code 2 days ago (more, the sencha cmd package let me do many things which with other frameworks you can't event think)

I do not work for/with sencha, so please, take this post just as an honest feedback from an happy developer
    That's because with ExtJS you have everything in one place and they make you code in specifics ways. Of course if you read the guides and follow what they say. Back in the time of Ext2 and Ext3 the thing was a bit different because the class system wasn't implemented and the docs wasn't as good as they are today.
    I learn Ext2.0 with the examples and in that time I use to do new Ext.Panel instead of creating specialized classes like now. Much have changed...

When using other framework, like Angular for example, you need to make a glue between differents tools. And if you don't follow good architectural pattern, you won't be able to understand or even remember what others, o maybe you, had written a couple of years ago.
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Lukappa is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    That's because with ExtJS you have everything in one place and they make you code in specifics ways. Of course if you read the guides and follow what they say. Back in the time of Ext2 and Ext3 the thing was a bit different because the class system wasn't implemented and the docs wasn't as good as they are today.
    I learn Ext2.0 with the examples and in that time I use to do new Ext.Panel instead of creating specialized classes like now. Much have changed...

When using other framework, like Angular for example, you need to make a glue between differents tools. And if you don't follow good architectural pattern, you won't be able to understand or even remember what others, o maybe you, had written a couple of years ago.
    I agree! Let's wait to see what 5 will be!

Vote Rating
    Zdeno will become famous soon enough

I didnt find any info about new version of ST. Does Ext 5.0 will support profiles or just simple events for tap handling on tablets etc? Do you plan release new version of ST too?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    tiulkin will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Right now, 3 weeks out.
    Do you plan to release simultaneously some (beta?) version of Sencha Architect with Ext 5.x support?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jhacker7 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Comparing AngularJS to Ext JS is like comparing a car to a tire.

Good luck with your decision
    oh yeah, you're right, i think i love car better than anther part, because it's integrated, I'm very lazy