Vote Rating
    halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about

I would like the new Ext edition to have a unitTest folder that contains all the unit tests for Ext and can be run. Like: http://underscorejs.org/test/.

Of course, I realize that Ext is a much larger and complex framework. But that makes it even more valuable.

Vote Rating
    westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mitchell
    Think this is the first thread I've seen closed here, and not surprised given that last post, which was a touch on the harsh side I think. Must have been a bad day...

I think it's useful to have this discussion, even if feelings do run high.

Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    You can just turn off Frame on your tabs and buttons. You will then have to set a new Cls and fix the UI issues.
    *snip*
    And thanks for this jchau, will give it a go when I get the chance.
    Only saw this the other day, and the thread was closed so couldn't say thanks! (And you have PMs disabled).

Regards,
    Westy
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    plleeuwm is on a distinguished road

]

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    john76543 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dawesi View Post
    or perhaps some programmers are too lazy or dumb to do so [fix Ext bugs] and would rather rant on a forum thread.
    To repeat a comment I made elsewhere while this thread was closed, we are not lazy or dumb. We have knowledge in other fields and we BUY IN Javascript UI expertise from Sencha.

Thanks to Mitchell for reopening this thread. The kind of 'shut up and fix it yourself' attitude shown above is appalling, even in the open source world, and doubly so when applied to a commercial framework.

Sencha, please lets have regular patch releases! Much as I'm sure I will love Ext 5, 4.1 and 4.2 were working fine on iPads until you broke row editing in 4.2.1.

Raised with support, and classified as 'will not fix'. Ticket 12814.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by john76543 View Post
    Thanks to Mitchell for reopening this thread. The kind of 'shut up and fix it yourself' attitude shown above is appalling, even in the open source world, and doubly so when applied to a commercial framework.
    This attitude is not in line to what Sencha has. We would never say this in any official capacity. Of course if you do find a fix for a bug we are more than happy to receive said fix

Raised with support, and classified as 'will not fix'. Ticket 12814.
    I can sort of see why this was classified as "will not fix" as yes mobile devices aren't supported in 4.2- but if the row editing was broken in say IE8 (just as an example) then this would be a bug. Of course this will change in the coming Ext JS build.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I can sort of see why this was classified as "will not fix" as yes mobile devices aren't supported in 4.2- but if the row editing was broken in say IE8 (just as an example) then this would be a bug. Of course this will change in the coming Ext JS build.
    You don't support tablets but they do work. It's been getting steadily better thru 4.0 - 4.2. Then 4.2.1 broke it.

How about row editing buttons with text areas being misplaced, EXTJSIV-9914. Support gave me a patch, but again this is something new broken in 4.2.1 which should be rapidly fixed in a release.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You don't support tablets but they do work.
    Understood but it's use at your own risk territory with Ext JS 4.2 and older.

EXTJSIV-9914 is targeted at a 4.2.x release at the moment.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    EXTJSIV-9914 is targeted at a 4.2.x release at the moment.
    Thanks for your feedback Michell, but I hope it's released soon.

Interesting to see my posts are getting down voted by someone. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to return the favour. Must be like that magic thread-closing privilege.

Vote Rating

Interesting to see my posts are getting down voted by someone. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to return the favour. Must be like that magic thread-closing privilege.
    I'm not going to name who is down voting but just want to make sure it's not blamed on the wrong person and it's not dawesi

Vote Rating
    halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your feedback Michell, but I hope it's released soon.

Their you go, got my upvote;-)