Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Howe123 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Open google play in "Iframe"

Unanswered: Open google play in "Iframe"

Hi All,

I have to integrate an external link(http://apps.blutrumpet.com/products/...51a7e/featured) into my sencha app. I used an "iframe" to load the external link page in a panel and it works well, the external page can be loaded as wish. And in the external page it has a "INSTALL APP" button which will call the google play app or open an google play link on the android device. It works on my device, when I access my app page though the mobile browser.

Here is the external page.
    QQ20130121132546.png

But when I packaged it as an native app and install it into my device, the "INSTALL APP" button on the external page(show out in an "iframe") unfortunately it does not work. When I click this button, the below information will show out.

Webpage not available

The webpage at market://details? id=com.priceline.android.negotiator&referrer=utm_source%3DBlutrumpet%26utm_medium%3Db688717e-782b-42f3-85ad-9e09a4351f24%26utm_term%3DBluTrumpet%26utm_campaign%3DMABLUTRUMPET||ANDROID%26utm_content%3DAD-X might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Suggestions:

Make sure you have a data connection Reload this webpage later Check the address you entered
    Does anyone meet this problem? How to fix it?

Thanks so much.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I would stay away from iframes. Interactions won't work like scrolling.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slimlams is on a distinguished road

Ok for staying away from iframes... Any alternatives ?

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

The only way to do this is to wrap your app in phonegap and use the childbrowser plugin.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slimlams is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the answer. But my problem is that I'm working on Windows 7 and I need to package my apps for iOS devices (which is not possible with Phonegap on Windows).

For now I am able to scroll horizontally using the code below but not vertically.

Code:
    html : '<div style="-webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch; overflow:auto; "><iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="http://www.mywwebsite.com"></iframe></div>'
    When I scroll vertically the whole app scrolls down... Any idea?