Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

Default using an externally defined model??

using an externally defined model??

Can I use an externally defined model in Architect??

I have the model defined in an outside library and its location defined in the loader. This model is associated with some other components in the library.

When I try to add the class name of the model to my store, it prepends "appName.model" to the string I enter into Architect. I assume that I must define this model in Architect again.

While some of this is helpful, I'm finding that defining things once and moving them outside of Architect is necessary to keep from redoing things over and over.

I cannot move a component to the toolbox and use it over. If that component gets an update, I'd have to go to each of my projects and drag over the component and add all the configs back in each location it is used. If it is separate I can just use the xtype and correct errors in the component and it will be fixed everywhere.

I'm finding that I may be moving away from Architect for final projects and just use it to create parts.

Worth

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

I cannot add an alias to the model field in Architect either. It still adds the "appName.model." in front!

If I type a string instead of choosing from the dropdown, it would be nice if it used the string.

Worth

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

Thanks for bringing up this issue, Worth. It's a known problem and we have an internal ticket for it. (DSGNR-2891 for dev reference)
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1