Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sureshewit@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to increase the performance of Sencha touch 2 app on tablet and ipad

Unanswered: How to increase the performance of Sencha touch 2 app on tablet and ipad

Hi, I have a requirement for tablet(Android) and ipad. For this am coding using sencha touch 2 wherein am not getting good performance after deploying on device using phonegap build.
    For instance-
    1. If i tap on select field it takes some 5 seconds to display popup.
    2. Also am creating side panel includes list, on tap of each list item am setting a separate view. Here also its taking 5 seconds to set that view in detail panel(On samsung galaxy tablet its worst case while painting the screen).
    Is there any way to increase the performance on tablet?? Please help me out in solving this performance issues.

Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    badgerb1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Sureshewit,

We found that popups work best if you don't use flex on the panels that contain the controls are launching the popup. Especially for showBy popups (which is what the select field is).

I.E.
    {
    xtype:'container',
    flex:1,
    items:[
    {
    xtype:'selectfield',
    }
    ...]

This will be slow.
    While this

{
    xtype:'container',
    width:'33%',
    items:[
    {
    xtype:'selectfield',
    }
    ...]

will be faster.
    It's weird and its a function of the browser's implementation of the dom.offsetParent() in isPainted().

Centered popups seem to work better but still benefit from not using flex.

The second issue could be related to this too.

Thanks
    Bob

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

we found that pop-ups performed better when adding them to the viewport (Ext.Viewport.add) instead of a child view of some other component.