Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mattgoldspink is on a distinguished road

https://npmjs.org/package/grunt-sencha-dependencies

Feel free to offer suggestions on other features - though bear in mind I want to keep the scope limited to JUST figuring out your app's dependencies - I'll leave concat, minification to other great tasks in grunt.

Also - note this is very much alpha at the moment, but it works in the basic case for my app right now.

Vote Rating
    lsdriscoll will become famous soon enough

This will be epic for debugging =]

Will it be able to learn custom structures? For instance, we have built View Controllers into ExtJS which don't extend Ext.app.Controller and implement custom properties for dependencies other than the default controllers, models, views & stores.

For example:

Code:
    models: ['ModelA', 'ModelB'],
    view: {
      class: 'App.view.GridThing'
    }
    Currently to support this we pre-process all our view controllers to add a requires block containing all the dependencies so even just supporting pre-hooks would be awesome.

Obviously of course it's your spare time we're talking about.... ;-]
    Why did they have to go with CKEditor??

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mattgoldspink is on a distinguished road

@lsdriscoll You could write your own pre-processor step which does this as a grunt task before the sencha_dependencies one is invoked. I'd suggest dropping in a issue on to the github project so we can discuss it in a bit more detail:

https://github.com/mattgoldspink/gru...a-dependencies

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    FrankXP is on a distinguished road

After wasting a day trying to figure it out how to build the output from the Architect I decided to uninstall it and went back to use the SDK Tools. (2 simple cmd lines and done!!)

Not sure why I need to go thru all this pain http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...md-v3&p=901360 when the output should have been recognized by the tools. In the end they are all made by Sencha without any modifications from my end so I expected to be something more like this 'sencha build architect.xds' and let the tool figure it out itself without any input on my own.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

Learning the build process is harder than learning the framework itself.

I cannot step into the code to spot where your docs don't match reality.

The docs need to be read as a whole. Information is hidden everywhere.

Why is there not a standard set of sample data? All the examples are fragments.

Post the command that builds a no-charts version. Is this not a no-brainer for somebody at sencha?

Make a multi page project. The feed viewer or song player or both.

Clone the project and add a fubar to each clone: this one demonstrates a union, this one demonstrates a third-party encoded script in a non-app folder, this one demonstrates an intersection....

I am still learning javascript and learning the framework. It's already a big load. It's fun and challenging.

Sorry I do not have the smarts or time to debug or step through your build process. There is bizarre stuff like "a space after a comma at this point breaks the compile".

I can learn by breaking a working sample. That gives me the power of deduction.

So provide real live working sample projects. That will give your documentation something to focus on for the tutorial part.

Then we need separate reference pages geared to the kind of application we are building. This is started but incomplete, you still have to read everything to put yourself back in the big picture when you return after a break.

+1 for all the complaints in this thread. Color me angry. I paid for this?

Kind wishes to the team on a challenging project. It's great and you have my encouragement.

Can you provide genuine working sample builds asap ?

None of us have the same requirements. But don't hide behind that. There are common patterns, you guys must know the top half dozen.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apsbb is on a distinguished road

Well, good I came across this post. I have been wasting a good part of my working day trying to get this SenchaCMD to work?! I'm not familiar with SenchaTouch 2, and I have no idea where to start now. First the (official) docs or a tut, don't remeber had me download SenchaSDKTools. Is this deprecated or something? Now I have installed SenchaCMD, but I have no idea how I should make this work. sencha: command not found....

Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by apsbb View Post
    Well, good I came across this post. I have been wasting a good part of my working day trying to get this SenchaCMD to work?! I'm not familiar with SenchaTouch 2, and I have no idea where to start now. First the (official) docs or a tut, don't remeber had me download SenchaSDKTools. Is this deprecated or something? Now I have installed SenchaCMD, but I have no idea how I should make this work. sencha: command not found....
    Read this and you will be fine:
    http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-1/#!/guide/command

I really don't think the getting started part is that bad documented. But when you run into stuff that does not work you are in trouble.

@stewardsencha,
    Very good idea with sample projects etc.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    frankbolviken is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by celticboyone View Post
    I responded earlier but have a question: Since Architect uses it's own project structure. Do you have to do step 2: "Migrate your code into this 'skeleton' folder" each time you do a build? If so, how big a job is that - do you have any more details on it?

Thank you
    Did you figure this one out? Sorry for not noticing that somebody actually replied on this thread.

On another note, this tool is now WELL documented, but it's fully usable. We are using it in a full blown project, with 10 developers and a continuous integration system. So it's possible.. i can agree that it needs improvements. But calling in a ty tool is draw the line a bit far to say the least.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apsbb is on a distinguished road

@hotdp
    I read that, but I'm completely stuck on this. The problem is it keeps saying:
    'sencha: command not found'

I have added the path of the Cmd folder to the $PATH variable. Now I have to figure out how in the world I can set the environment variable manually....

Vote Rating
    hotdp will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by apsbb View Post
    @hotdp
    I read that, but I'm completely stuck on this. The problem is it keeps saying:
    'sencha: command not found'

I have added the path of the Cmd folder to the $PATH variable. Now I have to figure out how in the world I can set the environment variable manually....
    What OS?