Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    celticboyone will become famous soon enough

Dear frankbolviken
    That is a great idea - it's how we did it in SDK 2.0. The new Sencha Cmd v3 is different in that it first "upgrades" the project - in fact Architect replicates the entire project in a different directory and then as I understand the command line is used from there. I've been chasing my tail installing Ant, Java SDK, editing cfg files, copying compass support files updating Sencha Cmd etc. but I haven't been able to work it out - it throws errors that I really don't understand how to fix, like this:

Code:
    [INF]		Processing classPath entry : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\app.js
    [INF]		Processing classPath entry : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard
    [WRN]		[ [1000] : Yui Compressor Warning <> Trailing comma is not legal in an ECMA-262 object initializer => /*7df37ae6b93652f5886ec15b36940c7eb6840d53*/Ext.define("Ext.event.ListenerStack",{currentOrder:"current",length:0,constructor:function(){this.listeners={before:[],current:[],after:[]};this.lateBindingMap={};return this},add:function(h,j,k,e){var a=this.lateBi
    [ERR]		[ [2000] : YUI Compressor Error <> missing name after . operator =>                                 packagerConfig.outputPath = path.resolve(config.buildPaths.native); ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\.sencha_backup\2.0.0\sdk\command\src\module\Application.js => 294 : 98 )

I'll go back to my original project and see if I can do as you recommend.

Thank you

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by celticboyone View Post
    it throws errors that I really don't understand how to fix, like this:

Code:
    [INF]        Processing classPath entry : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\app.js
    [INF]        Processing classPath entry : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard
    [WRN]        [ [1000] : Yui Compressor Warning <> Trailing comma is not legal in an ECMA-262 object initializer => /*7df37ae6b93652f5886ec15b36940c7eb6840d53*/Ext.define("Ext.event.ListenerStack",{currentOrder:"current",length:0,constructor:function(){this.listeners={before:[],current:[],after:[]};this.lateBindingMap={};return this},add:function(h,j,k,e){var a=this.lateBi
    [ERR]        [ [2000] : YUI Compressor Error <> missing name after . operator =>                                 packagerConfig.outputPath = path.resolve(config.buildPaths.native); ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\.sencha_backup\2.0.0\sdk\command\src\module\Application.js => 294 : 98 )
    Looks like ".sencha_backup" got left in there (a temporary copy during upgrade). Delete that folder or move it out of your project and see if that doesn't help.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by frankbolviken View Post
    I got it working in a few hours, simply by following these steps:
    1: Build a new application with the sencha cmd 3.
    2: Migrate your code into this "skeleton" folder.
    3: Make sure not to overwrite and loose essential configuration options in certain files (like index.html, <!-- <x-compile> --> etc)
    4: moving my css and sass files etc to the folders which sencha cmd 3 created. (From resources/sass to resources/sass/default/
    5: Moved my app.js from root to app/ folder.
    I responded earlier but have a question: Since Architect uses it's own project structure. Do you have to do step 2: "Migrate your code into this 'skeleton' folder" each time you do a build? If so, how big a job is that - do you have any more details on it?

Thank you

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Wow - I removed the sencha_backup directory and that definitely made a big different, it goes a lot further now -- all the way down to line 314. Below is where it appears to go bad and it has a lot of the same "Adding implicit dependencies..." before this. First is my sencha.cfg file (not sure I have the classpath correct):

Code:
    #Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:54:12 -0800
    app.name=Scorecard
    app.framework=touch
    app.classpath=app.js,${app.dir}

app.cmd.version=3.0.0.250
    ... and here is where it appears to go bad

Code:
    line 314:
    [DBG]		Adding implicit dependency on Ext.app.Controller for Scorecard.view.DriverInspectionList to file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\build\Scorecard\production\app.js
    [DBG]		Adding implicit dependency on Ext.app.Controller for Scorecard.view.CarrierDriverDetailsCarousel to file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\build\Scorecard\production\app.js
    [DBG]		Adding implicit dependency on Ext.app.Controller for Scorecard.view.DriverBySectioncodeNav to file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\build\Scorecard\production\app.js
    [DBG]		Adding implicit dependency on Ext.app.Controller for Scorecard.view.SearchContainer to file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\build\Scorecard\production\app.js
    [DBG]		Adding implicit dependency on Ext.app.Controller for Scorecard.view.SearchDriverCarousel to file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\build\Scorecard\production\app.js
    [INF]		Processing class inheritance graph
    [INF]		Processing instantiation refereces to classes and aliases
    [DBG]		Detected Ext.create call
    [DBG]		[ [1002] : Class was referenced but not found <> button ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\touch\src\ActionSheet.js => 76 : 13 )
    [DBG]		[ [1002] : Class was referenced but not found ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\touch\src\Container.js => 284 : 13 )
    [DBG]		found property named 'xtype' at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\touch\src\Container.js : 1167 : 8, but value was not a string literal
    [DBG]		[ [1002] : Class was referenced but not found ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\touch\sencha-touch-all.js => 30435 : 13 )
    [DBG]		[ [1002] : Class was referenced but not found ] :: ( C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myprojects\scorecard\touch\sencha-touch-all.js => 30435 : 13 )
    [DBG]		Detected Ext.create call
    Thank you

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by celticboyone View Post
    I responded earlier but have a question: Since Architect uses it's own project structure. Do you have to do step 2: "Migrate your code into this 'skeleton' folder" each time you do a build? If so, how big a job is that - do you have any more details on it?

Thank you
    The steps in http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Sencha-Cmd-v3 should work - if not that thread is the place to ask for clarification. You do not need to restructure an Architect app.

If you have specific issues or errors, please start a thread with the steps you've taken, the command(s) you have run and their console output. Use "sencha -debug" to get more details.

From comments above - Sencha Cmd is not what you want to use for Sencha Touch 2.0. For that version, you should continue to use SDK Tools v2. For Sencha Touch 2.1+, you need Sencha Cmd.

To help further, we need some of those specifics and they would be impossible to discuss/track in the middle of this thread...
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cburgdorf is on a distinguished road

Not trying to be a dick but, I really would love to see someone starting a yeoman/grunt based community replacement for the Sencha CMD...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about shepsii has a spectacular aura about

If Sencha aren't going to come through, what needs to happen is community driven docs. The product is there and functional, it seems, just no-one knows how to use it. And given it's a command line app... that's fairly disastrous

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.scott@talgov.com is an unknown quantity at this point

The product is there and functional, it seems, just no-one knows how to use it.

LOL.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.scott@talgov.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously, though. Check out the comments at

http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/api/Ext.Container

for the show() command. It wasn't until the heroic Saeven browsed the source code, and determined

"Ah, so, it seems if you are getting invisibles like jerome and I, there's a clue in the show source. Call Ext.Viewport.add(component); before attempting to show it. Seems the logger dies silently for me before it could signal this."

+100 Karma for Saeven!

@Sencha Team - I think a lot of us are impressed with the scope of options that look to be available to us, but are just out of reach. Tightening up the documentation somehow might help out.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mattgoldspink is on a distinguished road

@cburgadoff - hold that thought

I did it at my old company and have just started doing it again in my new role. This time I'll push it to github. At the bare minimum all it will do is generate the list of source files your app uses in the right order for some other task to then concat and minify them together.