You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-315 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    VladimirTechMan is on a distinguished road

Default [Sencha Cmd] Add Default-568h@2x.png to Sencha Touch app template (for iPhone 5)

[Sencha Cmd] Add Default-568h@2x.png to Sencha Touch app template (for iPhone 5)

Ext version tested:
    • Sencha Cmd v3.0.2.288
    • Sencha Touch v2.1.0
    Description:
    • After creating a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app', folder resources/loading contains default "Sencha-style" PNG images for the startup screens of native iOS apps, both for iPhone and iPad -- it now has all the necessary versions of those except the Default-568h@2x.png file required for iPhone 5-ready native iOS apps.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create a new Sencha Touch app with 'sencha generate app'
    • Build the app with 'sencha app build native'
    • Load the app on iPhone 5 and start the app
    The result that was expected:
    • Even with the default Sencha resources the app is able to start using the full screen resolution on iPhone 5 (i.e. 640x1136)
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The application starts fine, but in the "iPhone 4(S)"-resolution (i.e. 640x960)
    Possible fix:
    • Manually create a 640x1136 PNG file, name it Default-568h@2x.png and copy it to the Sencha Cmd installation (sub)folder, at the following (sub-)path: ./Cmd/3.0.2.288/plugins/touch/current/templates/App/resources/loading
    • You may use the attached PNG file for this purpose (if Sencha guys don't mind this quickly added unofficial version created from their other default PNG files)
    Attached Files

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jonathanhirz is on a distinguished road

Vladimir,
    I was able to use your steps and get a test project to show up with full iPhone 5 resolution in the simulator, but this involved making a 'native build' as per your steps, and dragging the file into the simulator's Application folder. Is there a way to build an app with
    Code:
    sencha package run packager.json
    that runs in the simulator/device and includes this setting for the iPhone 5 resolution? When I tried, I was still getting 3.5" retina size (4/4s), even with the same project.

Thanks!

Vote Rating

Hi Jonathan,

I should be able to get back to you request, to try myself and let you know. But there will be a delay on my side with that, I am sorry. (I am more focused on developing native iOS apps with Sencha Touch using Windows platform. I use OS X too, thus should be able to check on it as well, later.)

If the matter is really urgent to you, then I suggest you do a little bit of experimenting yourself, if you're not afraid of it. As a hint, I suggest you check my answer to huberte on a parallel thread, where I commented to him on a scenario similar to yours, though you will need to replace the step of adding iTunesArtwork with a step of adding Default-568h@2x.png to the appropriate folder inside the .ipa archive (the folder where other "Default" PNG files are located). I believe it should be relatively easy to figure out...

Here is the thread I am referring to:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ing-on-Windows

Good luck!
    ---
    Vladimir (TechMan)

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stefx is on a distinguished road

Hi! How to fix the problem in an existing app? I try creating a file Default-568h@2x.png into loading fonder of my project... but still render black space at the top and bottom of the screen...

thanks a lot!
    Stefano

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Anyone?

thanks

Vote Rating

Hi Stefano,

To be able to suggest you something really helpful, other people on this thread would need to know more specific details about what you're doing. Without that I can only blindly guess what is the difference between our configurations -- as the provided workaround does work well for me...

What is the exact command that you use to build the native iOS app? Also, look inside the native application package (which is just a kind of folder, indeed -- if you're on a Mac, then you can use Finder and the "Show Package Contents" option in the drop-down menu to go inside the app package): Can you see that new PNG file among the other PNG files in the main folder of the package? -- it has to be in there to let the native app start using the full resolution on iPhone 5.

Reply with those details.
    ---
    Vladimir (TechMan)

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirTechMan View Post
    Hi Stefano,

What is the exact command that you use to build the native iOS app?

Also, look inside the native application package (which is just a kind of folder, indeed -- if you're on a Mac, then you can use Finder and the "Show Package Contents" option in the drop-down menu to go inside the app package): Can you see that new PNG file among the other PNG files in the main folder of the package?
    Hi Vladimir, I must test the iphone5 resolution on Ios Simulator (with command sencha app package run iosSimulator.json). Usually I do a native package with this command: sencha app package build -p iosNative.json.

If I check inside the App package, I can't find the new Default-568h@2x.png file (I can't see any of Default png file)

This is my app.json:
    Code:
    {    "name": "fh",
        "indexHtmlPath": "index.html",
        "url": null,
        "js": [
            {
                "path": "touch/sencha-touch-all.js"
            },
               {
                "path": "app.js",
                "bundle": true,
                "update": "full"
            }
        ],
        "css": [
            {
                "path": "resources/css/app.css",
                "update": "full"
            }
        ],
        "appCache": {
            "cache": [],
            "network": [
                "*"
            ],
            "fallback": []
        },
        "resources": [
            "resources/images",
            "resources/icons",
            "resources/startup",
            "app/other",
            "data"
        ],
        "ignore": [
            "\.svn$",
            "\archive",
            "\build",
            "\data",
            "\android",
            "ios_distribution.cer",
            "sencha.keystore"
        ],
        "archivePath": "archive",
        "buildPaths": {
            "testing": "build/testing",
            "production": "build/production",
            "package": "build/package",
            "native": "build/native"
        },
        "buildOptions": {
            "product": "touch",
            "minVersion": 3,
            "debug": false,
            "logger": false
        },
        "id": "8dd92c23-dac0-458d-850e-0c6a074873ca"
    }
    Thanks a lot
    Stefano

Vote Rating
    svenna has a spectacular aura about svenna has a spectacular aura about

Just confirmed this bug, and the work around on touch 2.2
    Sven Tore Iversen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dmorrow is on a distinguished road

Default still can't get this to work

still can't get this to work

OK, I've looked at some of these posts, and tried to follow them. I put a "640x1096.png" file in resources/startup. I've also put a "Default-568h@2x.png", which is 640x1136 -- I wonder why the difference in height between the two files.

In any case, I still don't see a full-screen in the simulator. Still showing me iPhone 4 sized screens.

The frustrating thing is that the iPhone 5 has been out for about 7 months. I shouldn't have to do these kinds of things at all. It should just work. And yes, I'm running the very latest tools, Sencha Cmd v3.0.2.288 to be exact. So, I'm really disappointed with this.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the toolset in general. There's some really good stuff here. But I need to support iPhone 5, and can't really use this product until it is properly supported, without me having to do weird stuff like this.