Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kruk is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: itemsingletap buffer doesnt seem to work from controller

Unanswered: itemsingletap buffer doesnt seem to work from controller

Problem:
    Tapping a list item rapidly results in pushing two identical views into mainContainer (never more than two). Using itemsingletap instead is helping, but if I time a second tap just right (w/ a slight delay btwn tap 1 and tap 2) I can still cause the issue to occur.

Desired Result:
    a single tap would trigger the listener to stop listening and to start listening again only after the view push has completed

My list is defined in the view - 'mylist' is a custom xtype that extends Ext.List:
    Code:
    {
         xtype : 'mylist',
         flex : 1,
         scrollable: true
    }
    My listener and corresponding functionality is defined in the controller:

Code:
    control: {

myList: {
              itemsingletap: 'onMyListSingleItemTap'
         }
    }
    onMyListSingleItemTap: function(me, index, target, record, e, eOpts) {
         this.push(Ext.create('Project.view.item', {
              item: record
         }));
    }
    push: function(view) {
         var mainContainer = Ext.Viewport.down('view-main');
         var currentview = mainContainer.getActiveItem();
         currentview.push(view);
    }
    I've tried to implement the buffer for the itemsingletap listener, but doesn't seem to be working. What is the best way to implement the buffer here? Or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks in advance!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about what event you use, it's about the logic behind it. It takes the browser a little bit to render the HTML created by you pushing a new view and then animate to that item which is why you can tap on the list again.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kruk is on a distinguished road

Is buffer the best way to turn-off the listener while the browser renders the html and animates? I've tried adding it in to the controller as follows but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

Code:
    control: {
         myList: {
              itemsingletap: 'onMyListItemSingleTap',
              buffer: 500
         }
    }

Thread Participants: 1