Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    WillFM is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Collapsible Panel with "tab", instead of header bar?

Unanswered: Collapsible Panel with "tab", instead of header bar?

I was wondering if its possible to have a collapsable panel, that has a tab that you clicked on, to hide and show the panel, as apposed to a header?

I'm well aware of tab panels, but there a different metaphor than what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want a tab to be docked to a side of a panel, in which when clicked, another panel would than slide out and partially overlay the current panels content.

Currently docked components, and "bordered" components using the border layout, will "push over" the existing content.

So really the 2 questions are,

How do I use a tab, instead of a header bar for collapsable panels?
    And how do I make a docked floating panel, that is collapsable?

And if possible keep it Architect friendly.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You should use buttons instead of Ext.tab.Tab.

You can't have a docked floating panel. What you can do is dock a component. When you want to "expand" it, you would hide the docked component and then animate a floating component out.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.