Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kkerstjens is on a distinguished road

Question Answered: How to ingrate a project builded in Archtiect 2 into the default webdesktop of extjs

Answered: How to ingrate a project builded in Archtiect 2 into the default webdesktop of extjs

Hi all,

i've build a nice form (incl. stores/views/controllers) in the Architect 2 editor. I've published it also so that i have a couple of files. app.index, app.js, app folder (resp. controller/view/model/store). When i'm starting this up with app.index. It work perfectly. No problems at all.

The next question / problem come here, how can i load/start/initialize this module into the webdesktop (like the example in the extjs folder).
    All the default module (e.g. Notepad, Grid) all fully configured in those files.
    But what should i do to get it work, that my mvc project get loaded...

Thanks for reading this, hopefully you can give me a push in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Kevin Kerstjens

2. The issue is what you build with Architect is it's own application which is something that cannot be used in the desktop example.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The issue is what you build with Architect is it's own application which is something that cannot be used in the desktop example.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kkerstjens is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your answer.

Takes me to the next question about this, is it possible to chop the generated code into small pieces and re-use it in a module class. e.g. Notepad.js

What I did was I grab the defines of the interface part and put it in the createWindow() function.
    When I open this new module I saw the UI. But then the problem was he didn't find the stores/models and controllers because he was looking in the wrong folder. When I changed the configuration about this new path, the original desktop didn't load correctly anymore. Somewhere I made a mess of it ;-).

But this is exactly not the solution I was looking for, I want all the pieces together in 1 app folder.
    So I understand the best solution (I reed about it in the forum here of Sencha) is to use e.g. ExtDesk.

I hope someone can help me with this, or tell me what i did wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Thread Participants: 1